theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Enhanced DBS

Enhanced DBS

Author
E Jones
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, so I've applied for a carers job what requires a enhanced DBS. I ticked the box on the job application form to say yes I have a caution and wrote would prefer to discuss if interview is offered. I have successfully passed the telephone interview and references have successfully been contacted. Nobody has mentioned the caution and I have been invited to bring my documents to the potential workplace to carry out the DBS application. Why has the manager not mentioned this yet? What shall I do? The caution was for a public order offence in 2003 (affray) I believe this will never been filtered and will always show. Thanks people  
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

As the job you are applying for is exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act you will need to tell them of the caution will show on the enhanced DBS and affrayis not a filterable offence
GO