theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Distributing details of a restraining order

Distributing details of a restraining order

Author
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I am not a lawyer, so don't see this as legal advice. However...

A restraining order is usually a public document as a result of a court case held in public. Unless the judge imposed reporting restrictions, then it's out there.
Star
Star
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, hope I have posted this in the correct place.  Since 2013 I have been the subject of an indefinite restraining order.  I have found out today that the individual enjoying the benefits of this restraining order has apparently distributed copies of this order to people unknown to me (definitely) and possibly people unknown to them.  I have seen written confirmation that this individual supplied and circulated these copies.  Has anyone reading this heard of other individuals doing the same?  Does anyone know if this is permitted?  My immediate thought was this counts as a data breach and naturally I shall need to seek good legal advice.  I would be interested if anyone has heard of or experienced similar situations.  Thank you. 
GO