theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Spent conviction

Spent conviction

Author
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Sue, as it has been more than 11yrs your convictions are now deemed protected (filtered) and as such they will no longer show on either a standard or enhanced DBS check and do not have to be disclosed if completing these level of checks.

hope this helps 
Sue
Sue
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)Supreme Being (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, I had 3 convictions in 2005, all on the same day drunk and in charge of motor-vehicle, assault on police officer, and no valid insurance certificate, got a fine and points on driving license which the points  have now all been removed. I recently had a standard dbs in December 2020 and no convictions were shown which I was really pleased,  does this mean they have been removed for good? However I now want to apply for a different job which requires a higher DBS check which is the enhanced, will it show my convictions again? Thank you so much

GO