theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Disclosure

Disclosure

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just a follow on from my moving post.
Got keys today and move in Wednesday.

There’s no specific conditions in my SHPO about where to live but there is the standard condition of no contact with males under 16 unless inadvertently in day to day life.

I noticed when I was there today that there was a lad near the front door of the block of flats (4 flats in 1 building). On one of those electric scooter things kids/youngsters use.

Not sure if he lives there with someone or visiting but they are all 1 bedroom flats so I’m not sure if he does.

Would this mean if he was under 16 the police would have to disclose?
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)

If it’s a HMO they probably would if they are separated flats then as long as you aren’t making contact there should be no problem. I’m going to say probably 10 of the population are males under 16 so wherever you go your not going to be living far away from one. The fact that you choosen a 1 bed property next to other 1 bed properties would go in your favour as you say there’s less chance of children living in one bed properties. But in the end it’s going to come down to your ppu.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Yeah I understand.

It’s a communal entrance, but separate flats.

I lived in a similar place and they made no disclosures then neither.

I’ve kept the officer up to date too.

GO