theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

USA B2 Visa application with previous waiver of ineligibility

USA B2 Visa application with previous waiver of ineligibility

Author
Ify78
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)Supreme Being (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
That is what I thought when reading the questions on the ESTA form. But then it also says if you have ever been arrested or charged .. that sounded like a contradiction in what they want to know to me.
The question is about Serious crimes relating to government or assault ..
if that’s the case why do they want to know about all charges or arrests.
Pabs
Pabs
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ify78 - 26 Sep 22 12:16 AM
Hi all. Just want to share my latest experience with the US Embassy in London With a CR I decided to apply for a visa and not an ESTA. The CR is from 2001 when I was 21. I eventually got my appointment after logging on daily and found a spot sooner than Dec 2022 ( searching in June 2022). Got my AcRO and a subject access request to try and speed the decision up. At the interview because I had 2 charges, although relating to the same instance I was classified as not eligible for a visa due to it being CMIT. He said he recommends for a a waiver of ineligibility. Totally heart broken. As my job now requires me to travel to the states in Oct 2022. Which I doubt will happen now as this waiver can take up to 6 weeks to be approved. The here seems absolutely no consideration of the time lapsed or how I have turned my life around since that time which was a very regrettable situation and seems the sentence of 60 hours community service and £1000 compensation order is now a life sentence. I wait and see if I get the waiver if not I really don’t know what to do.

How long did it take, in the end, to get your waiver?
GO