theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

RAR for 40 days

RAR for 40 days

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
This might be of help -

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-rehabilitation-activity-requirement-in-probation/rar-guidance
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

Mo22 - 30 May 22 7:57 PM
I am not being sent on any course as far as I’m aware. We are doing this paper programme where they ask questions and I need to complete tasks. Is probation length the time of suspended sentence? I got 6 month imp suspended for 2 years

If it was suspended for two years, you will probably have to visit probation for two years. Still, every time you talk about that programme in a meeting, that should count as an RAR day.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Mo22
Mo22
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

I am not being sent on any course as far as I’m aware. We are doing this paper programme where they ask questions and I need to complete tasks. Is probation length the time of suspended sentence? I got 6 month imp suspended for 2 years
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Depends on probation. If you are sent on the Horizon course, check if those days count towards the 40. Work that you do with them, in preparation for going on Horizon, also counts.

They are supposed to count any days that they spend "working with you" as opposed to those days when you see them, just to have a chat. But the definition of this is very loose and can include all sorts of things. Depending how long you are with them for, it should not be a problem to use up those 40 days.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

Mo22 - 28 May 22 6:35 PM
How does the RAR for 40 days work out. I’m now seeing my probation officer every two weeks. I been attending since January which at the time was weekly.

The RAR is a Rehabilitation Activity Requirement. That normally gives probation the right to put you on some sort of course for up to 40 days, rather than just attending probation at least 40 times, but it's up to them.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Mo22
Mo22
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

How does the RAR for 40 days work out. I’m now seeing my probation officer every two weeks. I been attending since January which at the time was weekly.
GO