theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

I want to visit Uganda {on A SOR}

I want to visit Uganda {on A SOR}

Author
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I may have been found guilty of accessing teen boy images 6 years ago, and being a bi guy, but now I am building a great relationship with a single lady in Uganda, and I want to visit her. This is very important to me as I feel I can start my love life again in a hetro relationship.

So first I want to visit her in Uganda. Kenya was a thought for a holiday with here but I have to disclose my past. So does anyone know can I visit her in Uganda and do I need a visa? Do they ask for past offences ?
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Harry53 - 25 Jun 22 9:32 AM
I may have been found guilty of accessing teen boy images 6 years ago, and being a bi guy, but now I am building a great relationship with a single lady in Uganda, and I want to visit her. This is very important to me as I feel I can start my love life again in a hetro relationship.

So first I want to visit her in Uganda. Kenya was a thought for a holiday with here but I have to disclose my past. So does anyone know can I visit her in Uganda and do I need a visa? Do they ask for past offences ?

Apply here. https://visas.immigration.go.ug/

They do ask about past offences, although the biggest barrier, is potentially the police in this country, who might regard Uganda as a high risk country, and they could object to you going there.
Harry
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

punter99 - 25 Jun 22 10:59 AM

They do ask about past offences, although the biggest barrier, is potentially the police in this country, who might regard Uganda as a high risk country, and they could object to you going there.

I have seen the online application form and they do ask, which seems to be the main problem. I can only assume they would not grant a visa. 

My police officers came round yesterday and know me well. I have no problem with them or them with me. They know I have a lady there and no kids involved. 
Harry
Harry
Supreme Being

Harry53 - 26 Jun 22 5:23 PM
punter99 - 25 Jun 22 10:59 AM

I have seen the online application form and they do ask, which seems to be the main problem. I can only assume they would not grant a visa. 

My police officers came round yesterday and know me well. I have no problem with them or them with me. They know I have a lady there and no kids involved. 

It will not happen. Also to get someone to visit you in the Uk as a friend the UK immigration need to be 200% certain you know each other well enough. Sadly we parted
GO