theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sport board file published

Sport board file published

Author
Travel10
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)Supreme Being (267 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was previous a member of the national board for a sport in which they publish online every quarter to local clubs a list of suspended members. My conviction is spent from 14 years ago but when you google my name it appears on this file they publish of being suspended. How can I stop them from publishing this if any way?
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Travel10 - 16 Jul 22 4:30 PM
I was previous a member of the national board for a sport in which they publish online every quarter to local clubs a list of suspended members. My conviction is spent from 14 years ago but when you google my name it appears on this file they publish of being suspended. How can I stop them from publishing this if any way?

The best way would probably be to write to them directly and just tell them the conviction is spent.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

punter99 - 16 Jul 22 4:54 PM
Travel10 - 16 Jul 22 4:30 PM

The best way would probably be to write to them directly and just tell them the conviction is spent.

I'd say there are two options here. For a start, national board members might be expected to have some sort of safeguarding involvement, which means enhanced DBS checks. So, if your conviction is filtered, they shouldn't be publishing your name anymore and you can ask them to remove your name. At the same time, you could Google yourself to get all the URLs/web page addresses and include them in an application to Google remove those links from their search results, as your conviction has been spent for a long time. Either way, if it works, that's all you need. If neither works, you could still complain to the ICO. Hopefully, they'll see sense, but you might need to be very thorough in your ICO application, as has been mentioned elsewhere on here.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO