theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

What to expect from my first police interview?

What to expect from my first police interview?

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
lotsofquer - 24 Nov 22 12:41 AM
nullNo comment cannot be used in the prosecutions favour at all. The prosecution can only present evidence - no comment is not evidence of anything and any claim about no comment hurting the victim is pure hearsay.

Hi
No offence but you are missing the point I was suggesting. 
The Police and judge can use emotionally aimed words referring to the fact of "no comment" being made and so implying you have no victim empathy, etc which can influence a jury (if you go to trial!)

In the end "words" used can be more powerful especially when used by someone who is skilled in their use. That's what the likes of Politian's and the media do all the time

All I am suggesting is that before taking that option think carefully.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)Supreme Being (101K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Dean91 - 26 Nov 22 10:39 AM
From experience I would say two things: 

- Police interviews are generally phishing expeditions. They always like to catch people out and incriminate themselves. 

- Listen to your brief. Really important. Make sure to have something to eat and drink as well. As they rely on people being tired of admitting to stuff. 

I think some officers enjoy the power they have in these situations. 

Hi Dean,
 Listen to your brief.

As I mentioned earlier, my brief just said he was there to protect my human rights not anything else. the only time he got interested is when I said about "blackmail" but didn't do anything about it. 

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
GO