theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

New name, new DBS?!

New name, new DBS?!

Author
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A story I saw on the news today... A lady was jailed for killing the man who abused her sons.
She's now out of prison and wants more restrictions for offenders and she speaks about the ability to change your legal name.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0dj4vsx/the-big-cases-killing-my-childrens-abuser

I know it's not the main part of the story but at 21:45 the MP talks about changing names and that a new name would mean a clean DBS - is that right?!

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Mr W
GO

Threaded View

Threaded View
Mr W - 2 Years Ago