theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Off the Register. Free to Travel?

Off the Register. Free to Travel?

Author
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Was - 6 Dec 22 12:07 PM
dedalus - 6 Dec 22 11:04 AM
isn't the general consensus that if not a relocation it would be best to just say no regarding previous convictions?
Not saying this is a good thing to do, but the most pragmatic.

It is. It's what I intend to do... but I'll be doing a solo booze run first when it comes into force to test it out before I travel with others!!!

I have just over 2 years left on my SOR and after my new PPU officers visit yesterday, they confirmed that when mine is SPENT I can travel to Asian countries. 
Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

dedalus - 6 Dec 22 11:04 AM
isn't the general consensus that if not a relocation it would be best to just say no regarding previous convictions?

It is. It's what I intend to do... but I'll be doing a solo booze run first when it comes into force to test it out before I travel with others!!!
dedalus
dedalus
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)

Was - 5 Dec 22 7:26 PM
Until the new EU visa waiver arrangements come in you should have no problems.

After that, who knows.

Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Until the new EU visa waiver arrangements come in you should have no problems.

After that, who knows.
LongAgo
LongAgo
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)

Apologies if there is already a thread dealing with this topic. Anybody no longer on the sex offender's register had any complications with foreign travel? I'm specifically referring to holiday travel, visa on arrival. I'm aware of the difficulties that will always remain with some destinations and relocating.  I would just want to concentrate on people who have travelled whilst on the register  and have again travelled now they are not required to notify. Thanks

GO