theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Visit to Thailand

Visit to Thailand

Author
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
iowian - 20 Dec 22 12:37 PM
punter99 - 20 Dec 22 12:10 PM
iowian - 19 Dec 22 5:33 PM
punter99 - 19 Dec 22 5:12 PM
https://unlock.org.uk/advice/travelling-licence/

If you are still on licence, then presumably you would need the agreement of probation to travel, and with Thailand being seen as a high risk country as well, I would be surprised if they allowed it.
Hi

I'm not on license. I wrote that I had been given an extended license. That was completed. However in the context of spent convictions extended licenses count as jail time. The reference to spent convictions was merely in response to JASBs comment.
My situation is simple:
Law enforcement has finished with me. What information about me might still appear on a border agents computer? No one is going to tell them I'm on my way. That's all done.  Is there a data base upon which my name will appear when being processed as a visa exempt tourist? Does Thailand have access to a past and present list of SOs from the UK? 

Apart from Interpol, I am not aware of any other database, or arrangements between Britain and Thailand, to share this information. 

Thanks Punter
Do you think that a scan of my passport would reveal my conviction given that my travel plans no longer need to be notified. I'm guessing you would say not unless they were randomly giving people additional checks. Again I think you might agree this would be unlucky.
So what is it that I've seen somewhere about about sex offenders being denied entry. Is this because they've notified travel and gambled and lost?

There is no physical marker on passports, which could be read by immigration in another country. There is a marker on the database at the Passport office in the UK, which would notify police if you applied for a new passport. I'm not certain if this is automatically removed when you come off the SOR, but it can't be seen by anyone outside the UK.

Reports of people being refused entry are difficult to assess, because we don't know all the circumstances. What we do know, is that some countries are considered high risk, by the police, and SE Asian countries are on that list. Another thing we know is that the PPU themselves do not issue green notices. It is done at a national level and this can cause confusion, because the PPU appear not to be made aware when a green notice has been issued. Plus they don't seem to think it is their job to find out either. It's not their department, so it's not their problem. That means people who fly to these places, do not get a heads up from the PPU telling them not to go, because they will be turned away. If they did receive advance warning, then presumably, they would not bother going.
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

iowian - 19 Dec 22 5:33 PM
punter99 - 19 Dec 22 5:12 PM

If you are still on licence, then presumably you would need the agreement of probation to travel, and with Thailand being seen as a high risk country as well, I would be surprised if they allowed it.
Hi

I'm not on license. I wrote that I had been given an extended license. That was completed. However in the context of spent convictions extended licenses count as jail time. The reference to spent convictions was merely in response to JASBs comment.
My situation is simple:
Law enforcement has finished with me. What information about me might still appear on a border agents computer? No one is going to tell them I'm on my way. That's all done.  Is there a data base upon which my name will appear when being processed as a visa exempt tourist? Does Thailand have access to a past and present list of SOs from the UK? 

Apart from Interpol, I am not aware of any other database, or arrangements between Britain and Thailand, to share this information. 
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
iowian - 19 Dec 22 3:34 PM
JASB - 19 Dec 22 3:23 PM
iowian - 19 Dec 22 2:12 PM
JASB - 19 Dec 22 11:07 AM
iowian - 17 Dec 22 9:52 AM
Anyone had any  holidays toThailand 2022? Anything to reassure a prospective former  RSO?

Hi
It has been some years since my last visit but have always been informed I would have to declare on entry and be rejected. that is unless via land boarders where the checks were simpler.

You say "former", can I assume it is also spent?

Hi JASB
I am no longer subject to notification but my conviction is not spent due to a rather long extended license. Any visa consideration can disregard spent or unspent convictions. Visa applications are not concerned with such niceties. My question is related to VISA EXEMPT travel for a holiday
Any declaration of any criminal record at immigration would lead to a discussion around whether you were to be allowed in.
So an individual has to work how economical with the truth he wants to be for himself.

My enquiry centres on whether somebody no longer subject to notification, nor ever been subject to a green notice, is going to appear on a UK database at Thai immigration. 
I'm hoping someone has some experience of this to share.

Cheers All

Hi
I understand the point on visa exempt travel as it is how I travelled BUT I still had to fill a form and a question about CR was there hence my replying to you. The form may of been changed but as I am still on the SOR I unfortunately do not see me visiting extended family there any time soon.
Hope you find the answer you are looking for. 

Hi
There is no question about criminal records on the landing card that is generally completed on board the plane. There is no paperwork to complete if you are entering using visa exemption. If you still have to notify travel then its all but certain you won't be admitted. Hopefully your time will come when you can travel without notification. Thanks for engaging. Good luck

Thanks, just for clarity it was the plane filled form I was talking about which was left blank on the question, but I was stopped, with some others at a immigration police station point before leaving the terminal. I was on bail with no travel restrictions and to the best of my knowledge my solicitor never informed the Police of my travels.
Anyway thanks for the best wishes and same to you.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)

iowian - 19 Dec 22 2:12 PM
JASB - 19 Dec 22 11:07 AM
Anyone had any  holidays toThailand 2022? Anything to reassure a prospective former  RSO?

Hi
It has been some years since my last visit but have always been informed I would have to declare on entry and be rejected. that is unless via land boarders where the checks were simpler.

Hi JASB
I am no longer subject to notification but my conviction is not spent due to a rather long extended license. Any visa consideration can disregard spent or unspent convictions. Visa applications are not concerned with such niceties. My question is related to VISA EXEMPT travel for a holiday
Any declaration of any criminal record at immigration would lead to a discussion around whether you were to be allowed in.
So an individual has to work how economical with the truth he wants to be for himself.

My enquiry centres on whether somebody no longer subject to notification, nor ever been subject to a green notice, is going to appear on a UK database at Thai immigration. 
I'm hoping someone has some experience of this to share.

Cheers All

Hi
I understand the point on visa exempt travel as it is how I travelled BUT I still had to fill a form and a question about CR was there hence my replying to you. The form may of been changed but as I am still on the SOR I unfortunately do not see me visiting extended family there any time soon.
Hope you find the answer you are looking for. 

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Hi

LongAgo
LongAgo
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)

GO