theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Travelling to Canada this summer - Simple Police Caution for Class A

Travelling to Canada this summer - Simple Police Caution for Class A

Author
friend
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)Supreme Being (78 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi there guys,

first post - nice to be able to reach out to people on here.

9 1/2 years ago, I was given a simple police caution for the Possession of a small amount of Class A (Heroin).

Long story short, I'm going to Canada this summer and I'm really clueless as to if I'll be allowed in. By the time the holiday happens it'll be 9 years and 11 months, so nearly a full decade. I haven't been in any trouble since.

Can anyone give me any advice? Also, if anyone has any legal aid they'd suggest that would be great.

Thanks.

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
friend - 10 Jan 23 9:52 PM
Hi there guys,

first post - nice to be able to reach out to people on here.

9 1/2 years ago, I was given a simple police caution for the Possession of a small amount of Class A (Heroin).

Long story short, I'm going to Canada this summer and I'm really clueless as to if I'll be allowed in. By the time the holiday happens it'll be 9 years and 11 months, so nearly a full decade. I haven't been in any trouble since.

Can anyone give me any advice? Also, if anyone has any legal aid they'd suggest that would be great.

Thanks.

https://www.nacro.org.uk/criminal-record-support-service/support-for-individuals/travelling-abroad-and-immigration-to-the-uk-3/declaring-your-criminal-record-when-travelling-to-specific-countries/canada/

https://unlock.org.uk/advice/travelling-canada/

GO