theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

China Visit Without A visa

China Visit Without A visa

Author
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have read recently that one can fly to China on a STOP OVER stay. They allow us to visit from 24, 72 and 144hrs as a passing through stop. This seems to mean that you fly into a destination in China, travel around if you want, but within a designated area - and not beyond, the fly out from the same airport, But to a DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

As we are all here as we have a criminal conviction, if we want to visit friends or just see some of China, this is a good way to avoid a visa. Now whether the Landing Card still has to be answered (Have you ever had etc), I do not know. I always find it frustrating that we can get get a visa to fly, but if that country's immigration does not like you, visa or no visa, we are not entering.

has anyone had any experiences of using this Stop Over stay? I was in China 2007 and 2012 (before I made my big mistake in life), and I would love to return. I have friends there too
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Harry53 - 24 Jan 23 1:15 PM
I have read recently that one can fly to China on a STOP OVER stay. They allow us to visit from 24, 72 and 144hrs as a passing through stop. This seems to mean that you fly into a destination in China, travel around if you want, but within a designated area - and not beyond, the fly out from the same airport, But to a DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

As we are all here as we have a criminal conviction, if we want to visit friends or just see some of China, this is a good way to avoid a visa. Now whether the Landing Card still has to be answered (Have you ever had etc), I do not know. I always find it frustrating that we can get get a visa to fly, but if that country's immigration does not like you, visa or no visa, we are not entering.

has anyone had any experiences of using this Stop Over stay? I was in China 2007 and 2012 (before I made my big mistake in life), and I would love to return. I have friends there too

According to Gov.uk, "It is currently not possible to apply for a visa waiver to transit through China. All travellers entering into China must comply in full with entry requirements; there are no exemptions to this, and transiting airside is not currently permitted."
GO