theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

"thefreelibrary.com" Article Resurgance

"thefreelibrary.com" Article Resurgance

Author
Alan Watts
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
My conviction was originally reported in local press and was discoverable on Google for the first year or so in 2019. For the last 2-3 years I have been unable to find my court case article by googling my name and town

Now all of a sudden it has resurged on google via thefreelibrary.com

Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to get it removed?

I believe my conviction is spent, the sentence was community service and the offence was along the lines of online harassment

Thanks
Edited
Last Year by alexh07
Lineofduty
Lineofduty
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
alexh07 - 15 Mar 23 11:00 PM
My conviction was originally reported in local press and was discoverable on Google for the first year or so in 2019. For the last 2-3 years I have been unable to find my court case article by googling my name and town

I believe my conviction is spent, the sentence was community service and the offence was along the lines of online harassment

Thanks

Hi Alan.

Funny you say that. 
Maybe not connected but i recently contacted Google to try and get a URL and its 3 branches within the URL de-listed that WAS originally de-listed by THEM.
Yesterday I got a reply that "somebody" there had looked at the URL/case again (and providing me with copy/paste generic answers for their rationale) and decided
to RE-LIST them all,
Unbelieveable. To say I was gobsmaacked!
Safe to say i've asked them whether they read my original submission which lead to the de-listing and to send it back to me as proof they know it exists before I can responde to them further.
My guess is that some freshead has looked at it, ignored the original submission, and in disliking SO's has decided to play God??
Anyone else with strange Google experiences of late like Alan/I ??
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
alexh07 - 15 Mar 23 11:00 PM

Thanks

After all this time, the conviction would only be unspent if you were also given something like a restraining order or a protection from harassment order, and if that order is still in force.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO