theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Probation Ending

Probation Ending

Author
Mo22
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi guys probation coming to an end soon. What happens afterwards do the probation officers send reports to a court or something like that.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)

OBLIGATORY: I'm in Scotland, your mileage may vary.

After I finished my community resolution portion they just sent a report to my social worker as part of their big file on me. Then once I completed my sex offender treatment they put a report together about essentially chronically my journey with them, I was allowed to take a look at it first to correct/check details before it was submitted to the court. I didn't have any follow-up court date or nothing, it just gets submitted and that's that.

Then when I came off the register it was all fairly anti-climatic. I didn't get a letter or anything, it was just a case of I woke up that day and that was it, not entirely sure what I expected to be honest.

I hope this is the kind of info you're after - Feel free to ask away though and I'll try my best to answer, mate.

AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

khafka - 24 Oct 23 7:21 AM

After I finished my community resolution portion they just sent a report to my social worker as part of their big file on me. Then once I completed my sex offender treatment they put a report together about essentially chronically my journey with them, I was allowed to take a look at it first to correct/check details before it was submitted to the court. I didn't have any follow-up court date or nothing, it just gets submitted and that's that.

Then when I came off the register it was all fairly anti-climatic. I didn't get a letter or anything, it was just a case of I woke up that day and that was it, not entirely sure what I expected to be honest.

I hope this is the kind of info you're after - Feel free to ask away though and I'll try my best to answer, mate.

In England, it just ends. You might be asked to do a little survey in your final interview/appointment. No, seriously. Not exactly a customer satisfaction survey, but asking questions about how you feel you've progressed. Or it might just be a standard appointment with no arrangments made for the next time. If that appointment has already happened, that's it.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)

AB2014 - 24 Oct 23 3:54 PM
khafka - 24 Oct 23 7:21 AM

In England, it just ends. You might be asked to do a little survey in your final interview/appointment. No, seriously. Not exactly a customer satisfaction survey, but asking questions about how you feel you've progressed. Or it might just be a standard appointment with no arrangments made for the next time. If that appointment has already happened, that's it.

Oh I got one of them from social work. It was a wee questionnaire thing to fill out which was supposedly anonymous.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Mo22 - 24 Oct 23 5:49 AM
Hi guys probation coming to an end soon. What happens afterwards do the probation officers send reports to a court or something like that.

Hi
I had a final meeting that didn't allow questions from me but said they were always available if I wanted to contact them. I did contact them but the first 5 mins was me answering questions on whether I was in a relationship, where I lived etc just so they could note on their dbase.

The 2 times I wrote with "serious" quests regarding their actions it was incredibly hard to get an official response, and they would not support.

Remember with most "organizations" praise is welcomed but difficult questions are not.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
GO