theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Christmas

Christmas

Author
Steadfast
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Christmas is just around the corner, and it started me thinking about how we will all spend it. I know everyone's situation is very different, which may mean some people will be spending it alone or perhaps having christmas on less-than a shoestring (convictions... the gift that keeps on giving!). Seriously - very few people are getting gifts this year.

I will be spending christmas with my immediate family - I know I am fortunate for this. The thing I am struggling with is the expense of it all. It is odd, but when you are working it never seems too bad but when you are forced onto benefits and it doesn't cover your rent it makes you feel somewhat inadequate and a bit of a mooch. 

Whatever you are all doing, enjoy the day. Eat too much and make sure you watch copious amounts of bad TV.

For those who are struggling - there is help out there:
https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/explore-mental-health/get-help
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/mental-health-services/where-to-get-urgent-help-for-mental-health/

GO