theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

On days like today this is a very relevant topic to select

On days like today this is a very relevant topic to select

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi everyone.

Even those who are non religious find today an important day to reflect on both past and present memories; especially those who are alone today.

The world has so many words to try and make us feel so warm and comfortable on this day yet for some of us we just seek an element of understanding, compassion and an element of forgiveness.

Even with my new ID, I am alone today, my children (adult) are with family but we will talk. "Old me" friends talk on the phone with encouragement, "new me" friends not knowing my past say good tidings.

One common comment is they all see my inner strength and determination to understand my present situation and seek a rewarding and positive future.

To clarify the above:
  • my Old me friends think of my struggles with my offence.
  • my new me friends think of my struggles having just had half my pancreas and spleen removed a couple of weeks ago.

To me both struggles are faced with the same determination, focus and self belief to regain the best life I can under the circumstances I face.

There is not one of us who visit this place who cannot have the same aim; 

Enjoy today whatever your circumstances, make the most of what you have or can do knowing there could always be less.

Be Happy

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Steadfast
Steadfast
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I hope you have had a good festive season. It really is a time where you need to focus on what you have and not what you don't.

New year is a time to reflect, but it is more important to look forward.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
JASB - 25 Dec 23 11:12 AM
Hi everyone.

Even those who are non religious find today an important day to reflect on both past and present memories; especially those who are alone today.

The world has so many words to try and make us feel so warm and comfortable on this day yet for some of us we just seek an element of understanding, compassion and an element of forgiveness.

Even with my new ID, I am alone today, my children (adult) are with family but we will talk. "Old me" friends talk on the phone with encouragement, "new me" friends not knowing my past say good tidings.

One common comment is they all see my inner strength and determination to understand my present situation and seek a rewarding and positive future.
  • my new me friends think of my struggles having just had half my pancreas and spleen removed a couple of weeks ago.

To me both struggles are faced with the same determination, focus and self belief to regain the best life I can under the circumstances I face.

Enjoy today whatever your circumstances, make the most of what you have or can do knowing there could always be less.

Be Happy

Get well soon JASB!
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
punter99 - 2 Jan 24 10:41 AM
JASB - 25 Dec 23 11:12 AM
Hi everyone.

Be Happy

Get well soon JASB!

Hi
many thanks. With our rush to "fix" many things in our lives we forget this fragile body of ours does take time to recover from "trauma", hence why in ways the process we all have been subjected to in ways help in maintaining our "patience".

In other words no matter what is thrown at us, be patient and maintain your self belief in a better future.

Look back with a smile, as you will of learnt many things, and do open your arms and minds to welcome a better future built on the things you have learnt; be they bad or good.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
GO