theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Possible theft with S.O

Possible theft with S.O

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
punter99 - 22 Mar 24 10:54 AM
JASB - 21 Mar 24 2:41 PM
punter99 - 19 Mar 24 9:26 AM
JASB - 19 Mar 24 9:20 AM
JamesZ - 18 Mar 24 7:20 PM
Hi. I have an S.O for images.
There has possibly been a theft from my mother's house and we suspect the carers.
My S.O offence would not be mentioned to family members would it if it gets reported? 

Thanks

Hi

I would suggest your OM would be the best to advise but do you live in the same house? If not then again I would suggest you would have a case of reporting your offence "would not be of public interest" or be hard to justify a reporting link.

Again though i would suggest seaking advice of your OM as a reporter would probably seek them out for info on you.

Hope that helps.

I dont think a reporter would be able to find out someone's OM, even if they tried to. What they might do is google your name, just to see what comes up and if your offence is mentioned online, they could refer to it, but it's not particularly relevant to the story is it? I would say the chances of this happening are slim. 

Hi
Never to disagree BUT, as in the lead up to my offence, the reporters did find out info and publish and got Esther Rantzen to write a piece, even though there was a no actual court trial ongoing. There is always someone with an agenda to leak info. You remember about the case a couple of years back were a "clerk" leaked the info to the papers was was fined?

Of course theres a possibility that the police might leak the details to a reporter and some reporters do have police on their payroll. But this is a minor crime. Hardly worth the reporters trouble to pay a bung to the police, just to go on a fishing expedition, in the hope of finding out about a previous conviction, when its not even relevant to the story.

Hi were I can agree with your logic, its amazing what will be reported especially if it was in a small community - which I do not know.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
JASB - 21 Mar 24 2:41 PM
There has possibly been a theft from my mother's house and we suspect the carers.
My S.O offence would not be mentioned to family members would it if it gets reported? 

Thanks

Hi

I would suggest your OM would be the best to advise but do you live in the same house? If not then again I would suggest you would have a case of reporting your offence "would not be of public interest" or be hard to justify a reporting link.

Again though i would suggest seaking advice of your OM as a reporter would probably seek them out for info on you.

Hope that helps.

I dont think a reporter would be able to find out someone's OM, even if they tried to. What they might do is google your name, just to see what comes up and if your offence is mentioned online, they could refer to it, but it's not particularly relevant to the story is it? I would say the chances of this happening are slim. 

Hi
Never to disagree BUT, as in the lead up to my offence, the reporters did find out info and publish and got Esther Rantzen to write a piece, even though there was a no actual court trial ongoing. There is always someone with an agenda to leak info. You remember about the case a couple of years back were a "clerk" leaked the info to the papers was was fined?

Of course theres a possibility that the police might leak the details to a reporter and some reporters do have police on their payroll. But this is a minor crime. Hardly worth the reporters trouble to pay a bung to the police, just to go on a fishing expedition, in the hope of finding out about a previous conviction, when its not even relevant to the story.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)

Thanks

Hi

Hope that helps.

Hi

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JamesZ
JamesZ
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)

Thanks

Hi

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Thanks

Hi

Hope that helps.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Thanks

Hi

Hope that helps.

JamesZ
JamesZ
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)

Thanks
GO