theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Unlock event - House of Lords - Would you like to come?

Unlock event - House of Lords - Would you like to come?

Author
robanderson
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)Supreme Being (712 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Its look like a movie..
AT
AT
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)

Wish I could have attended. However I am sure UNLOCK will represent us the (silent majority) in good steed.

Chris I hope the meeting is conducive to general good.

But screw your courage to the sticking place, And we'll not fail.
AT

But screw your courage to the sticking place, And well not fail.
AT
The Stig
The Stig
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)

Due to were i live i can not attend this meeting but would like to point out that the R.O.A section 139 should be made a mention from someone attending this meeting. I need say no more...

We all accept our crimes but should we be punished more for it?

We all accept our crimes but should we be punished more for it?
Christopher Stacey
Christopher Stacey
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)

Dear All,

We don't tend to have these opportunities very often, but on the evening of Monday 4th November, Unlock is holding a reception in the House of Lords.

It's a chance to look back at the work of the charity and it's achievements, as well as look ahead at some of the challenges facing people with convictions. We'll also be talking about our 'new look', including a brand new 'Information Hub'.

So far, the reception has a wide range of confirmed attendees, including Unlock staff, volunteers, trustees, supporters, partners, other organisations, employers, policy makers, MP's, Peers and individuals with convictions.

With it being in the House of Lords, places are strictly limited, but we've set aside two tickets which we're offering out specifically to people who contribute to the forum. We've got a range of other people with convictions coming along from other areas of our work, but we felt it important to specifically open up an opportunity to people on the forum.

If you're interested in coming, please email christopher.stacey@unlock.org.uk as soon as possible with the following:

1. Your name
2. Your email address
3. A contact telephone number
4. Your Unlock membership number
5. The reason why you'd like to attend

We will be confirming the two places on Monday 28th October, so please make sure your email is with us by 9am on the 28th.

Best wishes,

Christopher

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
GO