theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Filtered or not?

Filtered or not?

Author
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi AAllen

As you say, non-payment of a TV licence is a non-recordable offence. However, depending on local arrangements in police stations, some non-recordable offences may be uploaded on to the PNC especially if they are dealt with at the same time as a recordable offence.

I would suggest therefore that you apply for a Subject Access Request - hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/police-records/ to check what, if anything has been recorded.

If your conviction for criminal damage is the only thing listed, then this should be eligible for filtering.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on, this is a really interesting question.

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
AAllen
AAllen
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)

Many thanks for reply, will try that and wil report back.
AAllen
AAllen
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)Supreme Being (2.1K reputation)

Hi all, new member here! Really think this is a valuable website...

Question - I have criminal damage conviction from some 30 years ago and also was fined when a student some 28 years ago for not having tv licence... It was a lifetime away but these have stopped me from taking many opportunities over the last 25+years. I understand that the TV licence conviction is 'not recordable' offence so my question is if I have an enhanced CRB check will my criminal damage conviction be filtered under the one conviction rule or does the tv licence conviction mean that it stays on record.
Many thanks all, keep up the good work.

Post Edited (AAllen) : 23/06/2016 13:32:56 (GMT+2)

AAllen
AAllen
Supreme Being

Hi again Debbie, sorry for late reply... just to update then. I did apply for Subject Access and after a long time - apparently there were issues with lack of resources at the records office -I have just heard back.
They have said there is no information held about me on the PNC which has left me a bit confused. Does this mean the criminal damage conviction is now filtered out completely? - and no mention of tv licence. Any advice gratefully received.
Many thanks
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

AAllen - 30 Jun 17 12:56 PM
Hi again Debbie, sorry for late reply... just to update then. I did apply for Subject Access and after a long time - apparently there were issues with lack of resources at the records office -I have just heard back.They have said there is no information held about me on the PNC which has left me a bit confused. Does this mean the criminal damage conviction is now filtered out completely? - and no mention of tv licence. Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks

Hi

As it's a non-recordable offence then it would never have been put on the PNC. 

Hope this helps.

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
AAllen
AAllen
Supreme Being

Thanks Debs, any ideas why the criminal damage conviction isn't on PNC?
(And does this mean I can say no convictions on USA esta form!!)
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being

AAllen - 30 Jun 17 5:00 PM
Thanks Debs, any ideas why the criminal damage conviction isn't on PNC? (And does this mean I can say no convictions on USA esta form!!)

It could have been that it wasn't recorded by the police at the time or it was deleted from the PNC.

If there's nothing on your subject access then you'd be could travel to the USA on an ESTA and say 'no' on the form.

Debs

AAllen
AAllen
Supreme Being

Many thanks... that's amazing news.
GO