theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Any news on proposals for filtering of minor old convictions

Any news on proposals for filtering of minor old convictions

Author
UniKorn
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The only thing I've managed to find on this subject is from the Unlock site itself. In the very helpful overview given on the old process of filtering convictions on the Unlock site, there is mention of a court challenge to the government in 'late 2012'. Has anybody heard anything further about this, as I can find nothing? It is no exaggeration to say that my life is on hold at the moment pending the outcome of this case (as it was running up to the implementation of the Protection of Freedoms Act, and what a disappointment that was). It is a shame nothing is happening in relation to the European side of things as there is a clear disparity between Member States on the issue, with people discriminated against simply from being a UK citizen. To still feel the ramifications of a minor conviction given over 12 years ago is ridiculous. I may have to move out of the UK in order to remedy this problem. It's crazy!
GO

Threaded View

Threaded View
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
Christopher Stacey - 16 Years Ago
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                         Just a quick update for anyone following this case:...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                             And the Court of Appeal case information:...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                 It would appear as if a date has been set for the appeal by the...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                     Why have we not heard anything here, surely the time to appeal has ran...
Goodguy - 11 Years Ago
                                         The 28 days is the time the Government had to file the appeal, then...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                             For those that are interested, I received the following correspondence...
MMS_guru - 11 Years Ago
                                                 its worth noting the government haven't actually been given permission...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                     the court may not give them permission to appeal unless they have...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                         Yeah!!! The forum is back. Sorry guys, but made a mistake. The 20...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                             OMG!!!!!!!!! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21942544 The government has...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                 charh777 said... OMG!!!!!!!!!...
Ader1 - 13 Years Ago
                                                                     So does that mean an enhanced disclosure would show up a historic...
crabbypatties - 11 Years Ago
                                                                         Hi CrabbyPanties (I recall Moostrasse christened you this?) Where is...
Aspire - 13 Years Ago
                                                                             Thanks Aspire. I miss Moo too!!!! come back soon....! Well as...
                                                                                 Great news! Although it actually mentions 'non-custodial sentences'...
Goodguy - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                     Don't lose heart just yet. I would be surprised if the legislation...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                         Unikorn, I hope you're right my friend.....I hope you're right.
Ader1 - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                             Has anybody heard anything more about the proposed changes? It was...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                 Not sure if it's got an official name as yet, but keep track of it...
Foxtrot - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                     UniKorn, The proposed changes haven't been made in the form of a...
Steve0606 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                         Check out the order itself, and our press release, from the homepage...
                                                                                                             That's very helpful. Thank guys.
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                 An interesting read about the SI for anyone following this....
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                     Also, see entry 11. on the following link (states the Order has been...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                         thanks UniKorn its very hard to find this information but you always...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                             The SI appears to have been agreed by both the House of Commons and...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                 Thanks UniKorn. You wouldn't happen to know where this information is?...
aim - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                     I can tell you where this information soon won't be, eh...
Foxtrot - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                         When you say "this", what precisely do you mean? I'll try...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                             Sorry for the double post, but I will also add, that the Court of...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                 UniKorn, Isn't their ruling more to do with how far in the past the...
Ader1 - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                     That’s precisely it Ader. The issue at the heart of T v Greater...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                         The other issue is that it mentions only about protecting if an...
Jon2 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                             The Human Rights Act prevents the state from infringing upon an...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                 Hi UniKorn - I was after the list of offences "These offences are...
aim - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                     I haven't seen any such list Aim. I'm no expert on this, but the DBS...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                         Hi UniKorn. Thanks for that. I just wondered if such a list exists as...
aim - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                             Looks like the filtering proposals will feature in the House of Lords...
                                                                                                                                                                                 What I find so frustrating, is that there is very little guidance...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                     What is interesting from Chris's link is that there seems to be two...
Jon2 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                         The proposed legislation will be in the House of Commons on the 20th...
Steve0606 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                             It doesn't go far enough. If accepted, it won't change things for...
Ader1 - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Does the legislation address all of the judgments raised in the court...
Jon2 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                     There is a standard note on the subject:...
aim - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                         The Government appealed the Court of Appeal decision in T. They...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                             I've just found this Report by Sunita Mason on Filtering of Old and...
Ader1 - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Dear All, As some of you might know, the 'Offender Rehabilitation...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     This is the Video of the committee session in the House of Common...
Jon2 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                         The changes to the ROA and Police Act got through the Commons (see...
Jon2 - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Wow the list is massive!!!! I'm hoping the new legislation will help...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 crabbypatties, Massive caveat with what I'm about to say, as it's a...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Thanks very much Chris. I wish something could go through that would...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Hello Rob, Everyone, Not sure what happens next, but on Parliament...
Hugh - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Hello Rob, Everyone, Sorry - the first broadcast is actually found...
Hugh - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 After the recent activity this week, the Orders have been approved by...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Wales - questions about specific cases should really wait until...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         would a caution for 'harrasment without violence' still be disclosed?
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I have a single caution for 'harassment without violence' I am...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Strange how the change to the applicants right to be the first to see...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             in response to XL its not made clear. I think a conviction will only...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 The definition of protected cautions and convictions in section 4...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     There still remains much confusion and angst over the filtering...
toysil55 - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Am i right in thinking this is totally seperate to the LASPO bill...
simon - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             It appears the guidaance has changed since this morning:
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Hi Wales,
The positions that are not effected by filtering by...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I cant be bothered now to find the link but I have seen in a black on...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         An employer can only ask an individual to provide details of...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             charh777 said... I have a single caution for 'harassment without...
pjuk83 - 10 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 DBS list of offences that will never be filtered from a criminal...
aim - 14 Years Ago