theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

We might lose Human rights act soon

We might lose Human rights act soon

Author
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
[In response to a post I recently made about possibly losing human rights act recently if we leave EU a member on here reassu me that it was not part of EU and comes from separate place
I have just had a petition by liberty sent to me asking me to sign it to protect us from tory plans to get rid of human rights act so Ben who reassured me on here we won't be affected please take note and go and check out liberty Web pages on human rights act and petition to stop us losing it
I knew I was right on my gut feeling from experience of years of erosion in uk from human rights to jobs going daily
Sadly not enough people do anything to protect ordinary people in uk and that's why we have this medieval criminal record system of keeping minor offences till 100 years of age
As let's be honest jo bloggs who stole a loaf when homeless at 22 years of age is still a potential threat to society even at age 80 if he lives that long 60 years on he still could be a threat!
So we will store his DNA and fingerprints till he is dead just in case
If enough people in uk millions with records had come together to say no we won't accept a discrimination system on minor criminal records for life
No we won't just take crumbs from the table which is what rehabilitation offenders act and filtering process is
Check liberty Web page on plans by government to remove human rights act
GO