theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Government to challenge Court of Appeal on recent ruling

Government to challenge Court of Appeal on recent ruling

Author
Moostrasse
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21245308 

And we're off. 

The same old argument.  Children will be affected by this ruling.  But this is not about children, is it?  The whole argument is not about children.  It was about the unfair treatment of a 21 year old, T, who was discriminated against.  You watch parents jump up and down now.  One well known forum, with Mothers as the main contributors will be OUTRAGED at this latest announcement. 

GO

Threaded View

Threaded View
Moostrasse - 12 Years Ago
BT - 12 Years Ago
             Judgement here:
Foxtrot - 12 Years Ago
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                     Because they can...
The current system in place is being...
                         There was a third case, which is being glossed over. AW had a...
                             Moostrasse said... There was a third case, which is being...
Christopher Stacey - 16 Years Ago
                                 Thank you Chris, I thought I was seeing things there. Now I am clear....
                                     Hi BT
The money making issue, rather like the credit reference...

BT said... I fully accept people who have...
forever changes - 15 Years Ago
                                             It's interesting how the step down process was in place; then...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                 Barmy, xl, I quite agree. What is it? Four years ago when step down...
                                                     Does anyone know precisely when the 28 day appeal period begins from;...
UniKorn - 12 Years Ago
                                                         I think it's because the original hearing didn't want the police to be...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                             Liberty: Author: Corinna Ferguson, Legal Officer Yesterday’s Court of...
Aspire - 13 Years Ago
                                                                 Old frosty face, TM, who doesn't know what 24 hours means, will...
                                                                     Does anyone know if the government have actually appealed yet? I know...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                         I've not heard anything on it. I am also very concerned about this...
Goodguy - 11 Years Ago
                                                                             I have seen a few newspapers/websites mention that they might not...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                 "Mr Coppel relies strongly on the point that disclosure does not...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                     Hi Charh777, I totally agree with your points. I have worked in senior...
Aspire - 13 Years Ago
                                                                                         Not really so simple; and pretty much Aspire you describe the system...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                             the government said to the court they cant impose a filtering process...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                 In most European countries most convictions are deleted after a few...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                     I agree charh; the police abused the caution system; now they may say...
xl - 14 Years Ago
                                                                                                         yes they cant have it both ways. the police already had a filtering...
charh777 - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                             Good point Charh. In many European countries, the disclosure of...
                                                                                                                 It's all to do with money. Mrs Mason's report was very balanced and I...
                                                                                                                     All valid points and I agree with you xl, someone with a 20 year crime...
Aspire - 13 Years Ago

Well, the recent ruling means a judge saw sense. Which gives us...
                                                                                                                             Does anybody know when we'll hear about the appeal? I read somewhere...
MMS_guru - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                 where did you read that?
simon - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                     "But experts warned that there was no guarantee any appeal would...
MMS_guru - 11 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                         Somebody said... Well, the recent ruling means a judge saw...
Eustace - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                             Hello Eustace That's interesting about the owner of a cleaning...
                                                                                                                                                 Moostrasse, I agree that the 'line of least resistance' is the...
Eustace - 12 Years Ago
                                                                                                                                                     The multi-nationals, Eustace. That's who's running the country....
                                                                                                                                                         Moostrasse, I completely agree with your central point. It is...
Eustace - 12 Years Ago

Well, there are some who will always blame others for their own...