theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Leveson inquiry

Leveson inquiry

Author
forever changes
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

I submitted evidence to the Leveson inquiry about the way the media had treated me as I felt the inquiry was only focussing on national media and ignoring the damage done by local and regional press to people's lives. Surprisingly, Leveson did not call me to testify (no celebrity value, perhaps, though I would have been too scared to make myself public anyway.)

I've just checked the Leveson report list of those who had made submissions and discovered that I am not on it. ( Report’s p.1839 https://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/hc1213/hc07/0780/0780_iv.pdf)

No doubt there are others whose submissions were ignored even though they made valid points but hadn't sent a text to Rebecca wade or the PM. Does show you how selective, narrow and centralised this inquiry was and how pointless it is for us mere plebs to make comments to the Establishment.

Nothing's changed as a result anyway so what was the point of it. Cameron said it would be implemented unless it was 'bonkers'. It's obviously not bonkers even though it was too national and celebrity centric, but it just shows you the control the media still have over politicians

Post Edited (forever changes) : 02/01/2013 15:13:06 GMT

GO

Threaded View

Threaded View
forever changes - 15 Years Ago
SouthernChap - 12 Years Ago

But at the end of the day, we are where we are and as I...
Anonymous - 14 Years Ago
                         I have to agree with Ian FC (pass the smelling salts!). You must have...
Foxtrot - 12 Years Ago

Emerging from the basement into the light of day. Wise words...
Anonymous - 14 Years Ago

foxart said...
I have to agree with Ian FC...
                                     The point is valid - are the local press subject to the same controls...
Foxtrot - 12 Years Ago
                                         Yeah, I will say I agree with the point about the local press almost...
SouthernChap - 12 Years Ago

“Nope, keep our head down, get some distance from the places...
Anonymous - 14 Years Ago
                                                 I do have sympathies i promise you. I was very lucky I didn't make the...
BT - 12 Years Ago

Newspapers sell news. They don’t give it away for free and so...
Anonymous - 14 Years Ago