theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

The time has come

The time has come

Author
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mr W - 7 Mar 24 3:35 PM
Sorry Dan, I've just seen this. What an outcome! Eight hearings is crazy.
Can you now apply to come off the register early or will you let that play out?
Also, did the police say much in court from their side?

I could apply but I really do not see the point as I know for certain Police would simply not allow it. Then it would be having to go to court yet again, which I probably would need to pay for. Seems pointless when I only have 3 years left of it so I might as well play it out.
Police only attended one out of the 8 or so hearings. Failed to show up in my final hearing which only went in my favor I suppose, but all their barrister said was, they would prefer the SHPO remains for the intended period.

Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)

Sorry Dan, I've just seen this. What an outcome! Eight hearings is crazy.
Can you now apply to come off the register early or will you let that play out?
Also, did the police say much in court from their side?

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)

I haven't really got much to add beyond congrats!

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)

xDanx - 1 Mar 24 12:01 PM
punter99 - 1 Mar 24 9:49 AM
xDanx - 29 Feb 24 12:08 PM
Good Afternoon all

It has been some time since my last post and wanted to give an update.

My pending investigation has come to an end with NFA being taken, I should get the my phone back sometime next week.

As of today, my SHPO comes to and end. My battle is won, there have been times of struggle, to which point I came very close to giving up. But with thanks to those who support me, I got through it.

I want to thank everyone here on the forums for their dedication, support and shared experiences. I also want to send a massive thank you to Unlock for providing a vital tool such as this forum to allow the opportunity for our stories to be heard. And, providing the necessary information that is simply not being made widely available to the general public.

I will of course continue to visit the forums, provide any advice and assistance to those who may need it.

The future is looking very bright.

Hi Danx,

That is fantastic, but could you explain further. Did you go to court and win your argument about the SHPO being disproportionate, and did the police simply agree to that, or did they object?

They objected to my application to discharge the SHPO, I have had to go to multiple hearings over the last year mostly due to the application being adjourned because the police never attended to provide evidence. (my PPU only attended once the entire time out of possibly 8 or so hearings)
The Judge was very much in my favor and understood the implications my SHPO was causing in obtaining training, and ultimately a job. For this reason the Judge "took a risk" and ended my SHPO with immediate effect.

There was no mention of the SHPO being disproportionate from any hearing, In the early stages I was starting to think "have they even read my application at all?" because they were primarily only focused on my ability to find work or training. I mentioned to my Barrister numerous times the SHPO is not proportionate quoting the Smith ruling which he claims to fully understand and agreed with me. But not once was it actually brought up in court.

It's still a huge result, because they obviously recognised that it was disproportionate, or else they wouldn't have cancelled it. The importance of this, for others with SHPOs and SOPOs should not be underestimated. It's partly about what you have done yourself, in taking positive steps to change, but also about the impact that the restrictions have, on your ability to make those changes. That's two separate lines of argument, for others to pursue, if they go for a discharge or an amendment.

xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

punter99 - 1 Mar 24 9:49 AM
Good Afternoon all

My pending investigation has come to an end with NFA being taken, I should get the my phone back sometime next week.

As of today, my SHPO comes to and end. My battle is won, there have been times of struggle, to which point I came very close to giving up. But with thanks to those who support me, I got through it.

I want to thank everyone here on the forums for their dedication, support and shared experiences. I also want to send a massive thank you to Unlock for providing a vital tool such as this forum to allow the opportunity for our stories to be heard. And, providing the necessary information that is simply not being made widely available to the general public.

I will of course continue to visit the forums, provide any advice and assistance to those who may need it.

Hi Danx,

That is fantastic, but could you explain further. Did you go to court and win your argument about the SHPO being disproportionate, and did the police simply agree to that, or did they object?

They objected to my application to discharge the SHPO, I have had to go to multiple hearings over the last year mostly due to the application being adjourned because the police never attended to provide evidence. (my PPU only attended once the entire time out of possibly 8 or so hearings)
The Judge was very much in my favor and understood the implications my SHPO was causing in obtaining training, and ultimately a job. For this reason the Judge "took a risk" and ended my SHPO with immediate effect.

There was no mention of the SHPO being disproportionate from any hearing, In the early stages I was starting to think "have they even read my application at all?" because they were primarily only focused on my ability to find work or training. I mentioned to my Barrister numerous times the SHPO is not proportionate quoting the Smith ruling which he claims to fully understand and agreed with me. But not once was it actually brought up in court.

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)

Good Afternoon all

Hi Danx,

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Good Afternoon all

Congratulations is the best response to a wonderful post.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being

Good Afternoon all

GO