theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Travelling to Canada

Travelling to Canada

Author
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We’ve just added a link on our 'Travelling to Canada' (hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-canada/ )information to the Collateral Consequences Resource Center website which recently posted an interesting article setting out how a criminal record could restrict travel to Canada - ccresourcecenter.org/2015/06/18/traveling-to-canada-with-a-criminal-record/#more-5118

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Bornunlucky
Bornunlucky
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)

Has anyone tested this? Has anyone travelled as tourist to Canada with convictions? I have just been refused entry permanently under 214 in the US due to 3 strikes of moral torpitude and want to go to Canada instead.
However it cost me £500 to find out I cannot enter the US, and do not fancy wasting that sort of money to find I cannot enter every country I would like to holiday.
Any ideas?
Hola
Hola
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

Quick and simple answer is NO, just fill in the form and enjoy your trip Smile
Caroline 44
Caroline 44
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)Supreme Being (454 reputation)

Hi ,can anyone tell me if you need to declare motoring offences on an esta? They are fine and one penalty points , dating back to 1992 and before .thanks
GO