theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Dangerous Driving Conviction This Year........

Dangerous Driving Conviction This Year........

Author
Mirrorman
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the update Black Knight.

I don't think the US looks at motoring convictions, only crimes of moral turpitude.

Could you not have traveled on the VWP?

Enjoy your trip.
Black Knight
Black Knight
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)

I was told as I had a 'conviction' I had to apply for a visa. Did try to find out from the Embassy if they would or wouldn't ignore the driving conviction but all I kept getting was.....look at our Faq's etc. If you go on the American embassy website and answer their questions re 'do I need to apply for a visa or ESTA, it asks if you have a conviction, answering 'yes' means you have to apply for a visa. If you apply for an ESTA, you Do Not Get that specific question and therefore you will get an ESTA. However, I didn't want to get to America and they put me on the next plane home.
Black Knight
Black Knight
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)

Hi, has anyone got a driving conviction and managed to get a visa to go to America?
I have a holiday booked but got a driving conviction the following month. Have been told I won't get into America as the conviction is current, ie not spent, has anyone had any experience of this please. Trawled the internet but cannot find anything specific for driving bans?

A very nervous person..............
Black Knight
Black Knight
Supreme Being

Well, went to Belfast, got my Visa.
The experience was easy and pleasurable and I suspect a lot quicker than London............In and Out in 20minutes...............
GO