theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Hi

Author
east72
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi
I have just joined the forum after being released from prison a few days ago.

It seems strange at the mo being able to go and do what i want (within the law and licence).

I also felt down this morning thinking about getting a job and paying bills again!! I suppose it normal to feel low and depressed
after being in prison for 36 months.

I need to have a look at home insurance now my wife done the car through LV they were not interested in non motoring offences and it came cheaper than her old policy with aviva!!

Post Edited (east72) : 21/09/2013 09:57:45 (GMT+1)

east72
east72
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

Thank you

My wife has been waiting for me so we have still had the bills to pay (just not directly),and now we have to try and build a life again which is going to be so hard no jobs etc.

I have just sorted our house insurance with co op at least they will insure with my type of offence.

I feel sick every morning when i wake not knowing what the future has in-store for us .

Thanks for the heads up on certain members i will be aware nono
east72
east72
Supreme Being

Thank you again Q3

Its been near on 4 weeks now since i got out and i still feel strange like i can't fit back in, i walk round tesco looking around every isle.

i must have applied for 20 jobs within the remit i can and still nothing not even an interview. I have had a few recruitment agencies ask why i have a 3 year gap in my cv well i then have to tell the truth !!!!
Thats the last i hear from them.

I know nobody can see what the future is going to bring but mine looks bleak at this point in time.. Every little thing that happens seems like a massive problem i just hope its still early days and things will get better as time goes on.
east72
east72
Supreme Being

Thanks for that Ben I am still searching jobs with no luck , I just wish the anxiety would go away I have been out for over 4 weeks now but still I get fast heartbeat at the slightest noise . I am better after about 9.00 pm I seem to settle then but I know what's in store for the next morning feeling sick worrying about the future of living off benefits . Has anyone else who has come from prison had this feeling for this amount of time? I was thinking of the doctors but last time I was on anti depressants the feeling while they settled in was so bad . Any help out there? Everyone lives in the unknown but I feel like I can predict mine is not good.
east72
east72
Supreme Being

Thanks for the replys

I just feel at a loose end don't know which way to turn, the anxiety is so bad i feel sick all day and night i feel like i will never work again who would want to give me a chance with a record.

I have looked into the self employed part but what with? most of the ones which make anything are being done 100s of times over.

I have had a few interviews and as yet not been asked about a criminal record but they do ask about the gap which i fill with education courses as i done so many in prison i have a folder full of certs (most of the useless). This is one reason to get some work as the longer the gap gets the harder it is to fill.

Any advice from anyone who has been or still in this situation would be great and thank you again for the kind support so far.
GO