theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Newbie and would really appreciate help

Newbie and would really appreciate help

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Kealls - 2 Jul 19 2:17 PM
Yes I was convicted in December and im on probation and no I wasn’t in that role at the time so hopefully I will be ok?! I believe it wlll be regulated activity. Thanks for replying so quickly.

The way it would work is for some offences, they won't consider barring you until you apply for a job involving regulated activity. In this case, as your offence isn't a relevant offence, that ought to be the end of it, unless someone refers you to the DBS, but that would have to be someone related to regulated activity, not a nosey neighbour. Unlock have information about it here.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Kealls
Kealls
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)

Yes I was convicted in December and im on probation and no I wasn’t in that role at the time so hopefully I will be ok?! I believe it wlll be regulated activity. Thanks for replying so quickly.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Kealls - 2 Jul 19 11:25 AM
I was charged with common Assault x 2 (by beating) and what I would like to know is will I be on the barring list? I have applied for a job to help ex offenders but if I appear on this list I won’t be able to take the position as will be working with vulnerable people. Thank you so much

First of all, if you are convicted, and maybe even if you aren't, the DBS might consider barring you, although common assault is not a "relevant offence", so unless it's for something that happened while you were working with vulnerable groups, barring won't be an option. They would offer you the chance to make representations, and Unlock can offer you information and advice about that. The second point is that ex-offenders aren't necessarily vulnerable people in the strict sense of DBS barring. Unless your job is limited to regulated activity with vulnerable groups, then barring would not be an issue.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Kealls
Kealls
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)Supreme Being (633 reputation)

I was charged with common Assault x 2 (by beating) and what I would like to know is will I be on the barring list? I have applied for a job to help ex offenders but if I appear on this list I won’t be able to take the position as will be working with vulnerable people.

Thank you so much
GO