theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

How to remove notification from Schegnan system when off register

How to remove notification from Schegnan system when off register

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
iowian - 6 Dec 22 3:37 PM
punter99 - 6 Dec 22 2:10 PM
All schengen alerts should have been removed from the system by now. There is no need to request removal anymore.

Thanks for your message.  It confirms what I've heard from other quarters. I understood that alerts were journey specific and in any case had a limited shelf life.

All alerts generated by the UK should have been removed specifically because of Brexit, but that's not a benefit that any government minister will defend in parliament.... 😉

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)

All schengen alerts should have been removed from the system by now. There is no need to request removal anymore.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Mr W - 22 Jun 20 3:05 PM
scotboy - 21 Jun 20 10:29 PM
Mr W - 18 Jun 20 2:05 PM
scotboy - 17 Jun 20 11:36 PM
sheffieldl - 16 Jun 20 9:34 PM
Hello everyone, first post here, 
Ive been on the register nearly 10 years and due to come of it first week of September, ive traveled abroad a fair few times never had any problems in Europe etc, until last year in France when i got pulled to one side for about minutes while some one took my passport away did a few checks, was then asked a number of questions and then went on my way.  This has never happened before and i was surprised it had happened this time . At one stage i didnt think I was going to get in but was just asked where i was stopping and how long, so fine in the end
However when i got home i read how this happened, what caused it and reading some police guidance which essentially said this marker stays on for five years unless reviewed etc and is dealt with by the NCB in Manchester
I am travelling out of Europe (hopefully in September and also in Europe once ive finished on the register.
So my question is this how exactly do i go about ensuring the local police force remove this "marker" on the day after on the register, what should i request and to whom should i address, i dont want to just phone them up, i need to ensure its done properly
If anyone has had experience of this please i would appreciate it

I to had a problem, came off the SOR last September booked a holiday for the end of the month so i would not have to notify, when I tried the automatic gate at Malaga airport I could not get through,I was called to a booth and ask who I was travelling with and where I was staying etc. he didn't seem too fussed and I was on my way.
I contacted PPU they said they would contact the relevant department and sort it out, I had no problem getting  through E gate at Malaga or when entering UK.

Hi Scotboy, Just interested - Now that you're free from the notifications, looking back, do you feel making annual notifications makes a difference to anything? Do you think it still has a point? Or has it helped with anything? Any positives?

No positives...it's something you have to do, I always felt uncomfortable notifying. if I was going on holiday I would try and arrange notification and details of my trips at the same time killing two birds with one stone as they say.The PPU were fine with me I was considered low risk, so I would call them and arrange a time to visit, it saved time and .wasted journeys for them.

Thanks for the reply, just gauging opinion. To me it seems a system not fit for purpose other than being a vanity project for police to make it look as though they're doing something and for us an annual reminder of the past. I'm glad you're free of it. All the best for the future.

Hi Mr W 

Glad i am not the only time one that has that opinion, don’t get me wrong i have never shown away from the serious of my offence, but it does make me laugh that every year we have to give the police information that they can find out for them selves, so if any thing we are doing there job for them.
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

scotboy - 21 Jun 20 10:29 PM
Ive been on the register nearly 10 years and due to come of it first week of September, ive traveled abroad a fair few times never had any problems in Europe etc, until last year in France when i got pulled to one side for about minutes while some one took my passport away did a few checks, was then asked a number of questions and then went on my way.  This has never happened before and i was surprised it had happened this time . At one stage i didnt think I was going to get in but was just asked where i was stopping and how long, so fine in the end
However when i got home i read how this happened, what caused it and reading some police guidance which essentially said this marker stays on for five years unless reviewed etc and is dealt with by the NCB in Manchester
I am travelling out of Europe (hopefully in September and also in Europe once ive finished on the register.
So my question is this how exactly do i go about ensuring the local police force remove this "marker" on the day after on the register, what should i request and to whom should i address, i dont want to just phone them up, i need to ensure its done properly

I to had a problem, came off the SOR last September booked a holiday for the end of the month so i would not have to notify, when I tried the automatic gate at Malaga airport I could not get through,I was called to a booth and ask who I was travelling with and where I was staying etc. he didn't seem too fussed and I was on my way.
I contacted PPU they said they would contact the relevant department and sort it out, I had no problem getting  through E gate at Malaga or when entering UK.

Hi Scotboy, Just interested - Now that you're free from the notifications, looking back, do you feel making annual notifications makes a difference to anything? Do you think it still has a point? Or has it helped with anything? Any positives?

No positives...it's something you have to do, I always felt uncomfortable notifying. if I was going on holiday I would try and arrange notification and details of my trips at the same time killing two birds with one stone as they say.The PPU were fine with me I was considered low risk, so I would call them and arrange a time to visit, it saved time and .wasted journeys for them.

Thanks for the reply, just gauging opinion. To me it seems a system not fit for purpose other than being a vanity project for police to make it look as though they're doing something and for us an annual reminder of the past. I'm glad you're free of it. All the best for the future.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
scotboy
scotboy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)

Ian
Ian
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)Supreme Being (547 reputation)

On a similar vein, surely now the UK is leaving/has left the EU, the marker under SIS any thoughts must be removed from passports under GPDR, especially as it looks like there will be no deal!

One of the problems with trying to rehabilitate on the SOR and lead a semi normal life again is that trying to challenge anything potentially leaves you open to identification, more press coverage and stress, so we tend to keep our heads below the parapet. 

Notwithstanding any "deal" that might be in the pipeline, does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
scotboy
scotboy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)

sheffieldl
sheffieldl
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)Supreme Being (489 reputation)

thanks Simon
I will address such a letter to the head of the relevant department then and hand delivered on the day after notification period
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Your best option is to make a subject access request to your local force, asking them to confirm that all information has been deleted regarding any Interpol green notices and any markers placed on the Schengen information system 
GO