theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Open Uni

Open Uni

Author
Dean91
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thanks both for the reply. 

I have decided to take the plunge, and go for a Bsc in computing and IT(Communications and networks). 

My PO keeps talkign about me getting work in an area I have quals in, and I already hold A-levels within computing; just I did Web Development. 

I researched this, and because this degree offers the CCNET qualifications within it, that means I will hold the Cisco standard for networking, which in turn should open up more opportunities to me. 

I also have a keen interest to computers, and networks generally.
J J
J J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Simon1983 - 10 Jul 20 4:38 PM
Hi 

I did open university in 2008/2009 while inside and did a diploma in business management 

have also recently started a law degree with them, have not come across any issues yet 

all the best 

The only (main issue) I had was that when I applied for a masters I didn't take into account that the bulk of the course relied on me having access or using information gained from previous employment.

In my overzealous search for court references I approached my previous employers... THis meant that I found it impossible to get the details needed to start on the course..
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi 

I did open university in 2008/2009 while inside and did a diploma in business management 

have also recently started a law degree with them, have not come across any issues yet 

all the best 
Dean91
Dean91
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)

Evening all. 

I was curious, if anyone had used Open university before, and whether they found it:

- successful. 

- How they found doing distant learning for an undegrad degree. 

I have a rough idea of what course i want to complete. 

Thanks

GO