theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

New etias requirement from 2022 for travel to EU

New etias requirement from 2022 for travel to EU

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
dedalus - 10 Feb 22 11:58 AM
ETIAS - European Travel Information and Authorisation System (schengenvisainfo.com)

Hello,

I was surprised to find out that there will soon be a requirement to obtain an electronic authorisation to travel to EU countries.

I have a minor conviction however this is recordable.
I was wondering if the new scheme will have links to the PCN and likely to cause problems.

Regards

The UK does not automatically share criminal record information with any other country, so unless the police have an active interest in you, they won't be telling any other countries about you. Apparently, ETIAS will be voluntary until the end of 2022, then mandatory from the start of 2023, but it will rely on your honesty as to whether you disclose, as they will have no way of checking what you tell them. Once fifteen years have passed, you won't be required to disclose anyway, but if you travel without disclosing and later need a Schengen visa for work, study or residence, they will be able to see that you had travelled without disclosing, which could well count against you. If you're sure you won't need a Schengen visa at any point, then it's up to you what you do.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

dedalus
dedalus
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)Supreme Being (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ETIAS - European Travel Information and Authorisation System (schengenvisainfo.com)

Hello,

I was surprised to find out that there will soon be a requirement to obtain an electronic authorisation to travel to EU countries.

I have a minor conviction however this is recordable.
I was wondering if the new scheme will have links to the PCN and likely to cause problems.

Regards
GO