theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Getting an income with an SO

Getting an income with an SO

Author
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mark15788 - 11 Jul 22 5:04 PM
Mr W…you would get through a basic DBS as they only show unspent convictions don’t they?

When spent, yes, but the problem for many of us is the length of time being unspent.
Plus, I've no idea where the line is when it comes to "career-type jobs", let's say, doing a basic or a full check. Amazon warehouse being an appalling example from what I've read here. It may be any full DBS check job is a proxy ban, but I hope not.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Mr W
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)

Yeah I can totally understand that it’s frustrating obviously the lengths of times before becoming spent.

I think from my point of view, it’s alright if you can hold back until that time and only apply for roles that require a basic or no check at all.

But do recognise people want jobs before that.

I got 5 years in SOR with SHPO and I was always turned away or had offers withdrawn. My now job I think came along at the right time.
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)Supreme Being (40K reputation)

I just caught up with the other thread, congrats on the job, you've had more success than some.
Hopefully, the explosion of remote working could help give people more answers.
My only concern would be to make sure you're still getting out and about when you can. We're social creatures.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Mr W
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)

Mr W I just saw your response.

Yes, I work part time so I get time to myself too, I go for a walk in the mornings as well and get in the garden in afternoons.
GO