theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Fixed penalty notice for theft - packet of gum

Fixed penalty notice for theft - packet of gum

Author
Christopher Stacey
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
FPN's are not convictions but could technically be disclosed on an enhanced CRB check, although this is unlikely. It's worth taking a look at the non-conviction information page on the Information Hub section of our website - this details the decision making process in place.

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Christopher Stacey
Christopher Stacey
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)

Hi Nice Try. I'll try to be less cynical. I'm not sure I'd describe that as 'creppy'. I'd just put it down to the fact that a number of things are cropping up in relation to criminal records (in particular, filtering), and the nature of a forum like this is that people might only use it as and when they have a question. That's fine by me. I'm not sure that I would use this forum regularly if I didn't work for Unlock. It's horses for courses at the end of the day. If people want to contribute regularly, that's great. If others just want to post now and again, that's fine too.

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
AGAINST THE ODDS
AGAINST THE ODDS
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)Supreme Being (420 reputation)

Fixed penalty are like speeding ticket i am sure that the law states that you cannot be convicted of something unless you plead guilty or be found guilty to an offence for which you are charged in court.

however i have found a few links to this site https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100703110134AAN9WPC
and it says you will so probably

Build a bridge and move forward, Never look back except to see what mistakes you have made to learn the lesson for the future.

The future is what we dont know, the past is what we leave behind
KIT
KIT
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)Supreme Being (430 reputation)

Hi i was issued with a fixed penalty notice for theft of chewing gum in June. I know how it may have looked but i meant no harm & have never had any trouble in my past. I am absolutely mortified about the situation & cant sleep/think correct. I have worked so hard to get onto this course & now i need an enhanced CRB i am terrifed that i will be flung off. I have informed the universitiess crb dept & nacro gave re-assuring advice but i would like further info or speak to somebody in the same boat. please help!

Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

This thread's nearly 2 years old now, spiritus. Those posters haven't been active for some time.

Post Edited By Moderator (Moderator) : 12/06/2013 21:26:56 (GMT+1)

Being ignorant is not a problem as long as you are willing to learn.

Anonymous
Anonymous

* Removed * 

Post Edited (Spiritus) : 01/08/2013 14:29:33 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

* Removed *

Post Edited (Spiritus) : 01/08/2013 14:29:03 (GMT+1)

RemorseA
RemorseA
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

KIT said...
Hi i was issued with a fixed penalty notice for theft of chewing gum in June. I know how it may have looked but i meant no harm & have never had any trouble in my past. I am absolutely mortified about the situation & cant sleep/think correct. I have worked so hard to get onto this course & now i need an enhanced CRB i am terrifed that i will be flung off. I have informed the universitiess crb dept & nacro gave re-assuring advice but i would like further info or speak to somebody in the same boat. please help!

Any luck with not having this on your enhanced DBS?
GO