theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

mexico & dominican republic advice needed please

mexico & dominican republic advice needed please

Author
Mirrorman
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If you were convicted of a sexual offense and the Mexican authorities are alerted to your arrival, most likely by Interpol through a green notice you will be denied entry and sent home within a matter of hours.

So you must by law tell the authorities you will be leaving, they will pass this info onto Interpol who in turn will issue a green notice to the destination country where you will be denied.

This will not happen for other offenses.
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)

It is true.

Read this.
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being

USA and Canada share data so it would directly affect entry into Canada.

Other than that I don't think so.
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

It is a mystery but this is all internal work which no department would usually discuss. It could have been your PPU/Manager if you have one or something flagged up and set the alarms for them to starting 'working' and checking into your back ground.

It would not shock me if UK>US are working together secretly given the nature of the spying countries they both are.

In my opinion its unlawful the way border staff work since they say you provided false evidence or lied on your form etc but then if you had told the truth they would have rejected it a horrible spot to be in which is no different from applying for a job role.

This is why jobs will have to come and go and same applies with flying to destinations, some things will just not be possible.
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

Mirrorman said...
If you were convicted of a sexual offense and the Mexican authorities are alerted to your arrival, most likely by Interpol through a green notice you will be denied entry and sent home within a matter of hours.

So you must by law tell the authorities you will be leaving, they will pass this info onto Interpol who in turn will issue a green notice to the destination country where you will be denied.

This will not happen for other offenses.

First I have heard of this I thought interpol only showed the most serious and wanted criminals ie the ones on the run and trying to escape the country?
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being

OneMistake said...
That is worrying that the US share information with god knows who. I think I'll carry on ticking no to the "ever been arrested" question on the ESTA, i was considering going to the embassy in London to sort a Visa. Not any more.

Does it not say have you ever been arrested or have criminal convictions though ?

Kinda strange argument since it ask for 2 things and one can always say a caution or warning is not a criminal conviction so the answer is no, or if its spent under the ROA you can tick no but of course the US see once a criminal always one etc

I have often wondered if someones lie has been caught out and they claim the ROA law and that my time is spent thus no disclosure not sure that would fly withe the US border staff exactly !

But let us know how your trip was and if any issues arrived best advise is don't draw anything to your attention if your sweating or looking suspicious they will always investigate so just go and have fun like a normal person but do come back and let us know !
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being

good luck with your travels but yeah US is big brother they do not want more criminals to enter their already full prison.

If you do travel please come back and let us know how it went cos 9 times outta 10 most vanish and then no one ever finds out!

I too did a google search but nothing much

https://www.ehow.com/list_6940978_entry-requirements-mexico-criminal-records.html

you might wanna try google variations like criminal record + mexico travel and alternate them, but looks like some work to do otherwise.

check these other forums with travel info and with people with criminal records

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/travelling-from-the-uk-to-the-usa-with-a-criminal-record.88652/page-23

they might have mexico or someone on there may help further, try posting and asking question etc

Post Edited (Damag3d) : 25/06/2014 00:21:08 (GMT+2)

Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being

interesting news I agree I think its just the US and mexico sharing the data since they are neighbors.

stuart82:

Can't be 100% the way these guys work at the border control the staff are basically like the police so can call up your home turf and find out x z y on you, but if you filled out the visa application process and already informed them then most likely they shared this intel with mexico.

US is still the worst place to visit yet the most popular one sadly and maybe mexico also!

If you do have a job which has travel then perhaps a word with the boss in regards to only us/mexico ? this is only a suggestion mind and worst case scenario and perhaps only do so if push comes to shove and your booked to go to US/Mexico etc...otherwise you will know whats best if you have not declared anything to the boss and this has allowed you to carry on with your job then so be it why rock the boat I guess keep my suggestion only as a last resort.

Post Edited (Damag3d) : 31/07/2014 12:13:19 (GMT+2)

Hayley85
Hayley85
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)

Hello,
i have a 1 year 6 month suspended sentence for possession of class A drugs in spain- which does show up on my uk crb check by the way.
By the time i want to travel to either mexico or Dominican republic my suspended sentence will be over with.

will i have trouble getting into either of these countries? i cant seem to find any good information on the matter :/

has anyone here got experience of travelling to these places with drugs convictions?

many thanks
Hayley85
Hayley85
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)Supreme Being (820 reputation)

thanks for you're reply. yes i was worried about being turned away, someone else i no has been mexico with convictions, but they wasn't drugs related and i was unsure if that made a difference.

Lol i deffo have no plans to ever visit to USA!
GO