theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Teaching English Abroad

Teaching English Abroad

Author
Anonymous

All the very best and good luck RP, I sincerely hope that you find something my friend, as you sound like a good person !.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Thanks everyone !

Post Edited (Q3) : 10/08/2013 23:17:28 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Thanks Ian.

I really apologise if the banter became somewhat heated !

It obvious that I have a lot to learn, and I realise that my opinions may be a little left of field.

I wish you and your extended family all the best mate.

Q3

Anonymous
Anonymous

nono 

Post Edited (Q3) : 10/08/2013 21:20:01 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Thank-You Ian, I enjoyed your reply yeah 

I cannot even start to imagine what crimes you committed to be " Never Officially Rehabilitated ", and I shudder at the thought.

Post Edited (Q3) : 10/08/2013 21:20:29 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

nono 

Post Edited (Q3) : 10/08/2013 21:21:01 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Thanks  

Post Edited (Q3) : 10/08/2013 21:06:20 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Thank-you for your reply FT

Post Edited (Q3) : 10/08/2013 21:21:38 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

I thought that there was only one type of lie (other than the "does my bum look big in this" answer one) but now I am faced with the condonable lie aspect.

I have printed off the debate, and will use this as my form of defence if I am caught lying...

The interesting fact is, that the whole argument has not been answered yet : I don't like FT but, he has a point this time.

" would it be a condonable lie for that man to 'omit' his conviction in order to provide for his family, rather than live off the state?"

Anonymous
Anonymous

RichardH said...
Q3 said...
" I can't make you look stupid. You're posting under a pseudonym, right? Q3 is not your real name, yes? You're not a character in Star Trek or something, so you don't need to feel hurt and you can't look stupid because nobody knows who you are" - Remember that line Richard ?...I can't believe you spat your dummy out and threatened to report me.

Yes, and in which part did I insult you? Where did I call you stupid or call you an idiot? Nowhere. The insult came from you.

When you go through reception, and your put on the wing with the other inmates, being called "stupid" is going to be the least of your worries Richey !, however if I have hurt your feelings I am really sorry.   

Q3 said...
You also said " Just a polite request to Unlock, who own this site - Could we have some effective moderation here, please? This should be a forum for providing valid advice and information to people with convictions "

Your VALID advice is its OK to lie ?

Yes, because some lies are condonable. I have explained the point already. You and others here are having real problems grasping it, despite my clear exposition. This is largely because you keep intervening with your own misconceived ramblings.

These are not "ramblings", Lets get this straight : I am a convicted criminal, you are not. I know the problems faced by having a record and applying for job after job, you do not.

It's ok you coming on here giving advice about so called "condonable lies", but I have already faced the legal system, been convicted under the fraud act, had countless court appearances,(14 in total)from Magistrates to Crown, and endless sleepless nights, over something so stupid, you couldn't make it up if you tried.

I didn't even know that what I was doing was illegal, and that makes it even worse.

I have had stupid and totally pointless probation meetings with PO's with Tattoos and Nose Studs, who can't fit me into a tidy box, because I don't drink or do drugs, and therefore class me as a " Focused Offender".  

I was convicted after the Police and the CPS decided it was in the public interest to take me to court.
So I do actually know what I am talking about.I read lot's, in fact for 24 months I read all the aspects of the Fraud Act, I researched case history, I also researched PACE Regulations.

This is why, in reference to ANY case involving Fraud, I say, check out the act first, then comment.

The law in the UK can be an Ass, we all know that, but that is life. We applaud the have a go hero, but laugh at the guy who get's nicked for standing up to his kids bullies, or fight's with the burglar stealing his TV.

These are not misguided so called facts, these are the facts from somebody who has experienced them first hand.      

You also fall into the category of posters here who need to read more and contribute less. You don't understand what you're talking about.

Q3 said...
As I said your a "highly intelligent person" who has acted like a fool and who is now facing Prison (So you say) I was not saying you were stupid, after all RichardH isn't your real name is it ?, so nobody knows who you are ?

Here is some clarity of information : https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents

I suggest you read through the Fraud Act 2006.

IF any of your actions COULD be within the remit of the LAW and the Fraud Act 2006, then COMMON sense will dictate that you must follow the law.

I don't write the law, I am just one of the millions that have to abide by it.

Again, I refer to my previous remarks on these points. You're just repeating misguided information, for your own motives.

GO