theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Confused!

Confused!

Author
PeterWigan
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was told at around 2.45pm today 10/08/17  by a manager(Phil Lawson) at Wigan Probation that I shouldn't be taking notice of what people are telling me on here.
I have requested a copy of the Local Area Agreement to change probation officer 3 times over the last 3/4weeks in person, in text and by phone. Through making a serious complaint I am in transition to a new officer but none of them seem to know what this Local Area agreement is. It tells me on the government website to request it...As did someone on here.
I am really not for letting it go and want to see a copy of it out of principle. Is there anywhere else I can ask for a copy...Does anyone know?

I want to take my complaint to the ombudsman to hopefully make some changes, not for me as I won't be dealing with them again other than in a professional capacity. It is for the less fortunate people that are stuck in their system getting a very poor service. and do not have the knowledge or intelligence to see that things are done right.
Staff seem unmotivated and uninterested in their roles and that is not good for any of us.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

PeterWigan - 10 Aug 17 4:15 PM
I was told at around 2.45pm today 10/08/17  by a manager(Phil Lawson) at Wigan Probation that I shouldn't be taking notice of what people are telling me on here.
I have requested a copy of the Local Area Agreement to change probation officer 3 times over the last 3/4weeks in person, in text and by phone. Through making a serious complaint I am in transition to a new officer but none of them seem to know what this Local Area agreement is. It tells me on the government website to request it...As did someone on here.
I am really not for letting it go and want to see a copy of it out of principle. Is there anywhere else I can ask for a copy...Does anyone know?

I want to take my complaint to the ombudsman to hopefully make some changes, not for me as I won't be dealing with them again other than in a professional capacity. It is for the less fortunate people that are stuck in their system getting a very poor service. and do not have the knowledge or intelligence to see that things are done right.
Staff seem unmotivated and uninterested in their roles and that is not good for any of us.

Well, as you're in Wigan (presumably), you're under the North West Region. The contact details for the regional office are here. If that doesn't work, the contact details for the National Probation Service are here. If you have the good fortune to be reporting to a CRC, you'll need to check which area you're in and contact the regional office.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Hi Peter

You could try contacting Roz Hamilton, the Deputy Director of Probation in the North West. Her contact number is 0300 047 9000.

Let us know how you get on. 

Debs 

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
GO