theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Will it affect my work visa application ~~ dubai ( united arab emirates)

Will it affect my work visa application ~~ dubai ( united arab...

Author
Yankee
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
arunH - 20 Jul 20 11:56 AM
I am a indian national working in the UK driving with a valid UK license for 3 .2 years without any issueI have been charged for drink and drive - no harm to anyone etc .I drank the previous night and drove early doors but they still found alcohol in my system. First time offense - Breath reading - 58 Expecting a ban for a year with a fine
Assuming this goes on my criminal record - will this affect my visa - is this a big offense which will flag on my passport etc during my immigration
checks at the airport ?

If you haven't already done so, apply quickly for a UK police certificate as you have not yet been to court or sentenced. The link is below. You will receive a paper copy which you can use  if necessary.
www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates
Simmo
Simmo
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)

arunH - 20 Jul 20 11:56 AM
I am a indian national working in the UK driving with a valid UK license for 3 .2 years without any issueI have been charged for drink and drive - no harm to anyone etc .I drank the previous night and drove early doors but they still found alcohol in my system. First time offense - Breath reading - 58 Expecting a ban for a year with a fine
Assuming this goes on my criminal record - will this affect my visa - is this a big offense which will flag on my passport etc during my immigration
checks at the airport ?

Most countries requiring a visa before entry, epecially a work visa, insist that you provide a police certificate, obtained from your local police force, as part of the application. It is a motoring offence and although it is still a criminal offence and conviction and will appear on there, most motoring convictions (excluding death by dangerous/reckless driving) tend to be viewed alot less serious than a criminal offence such as theft for example. You may have noticed in the past if you have filled in forms asking about criminal convictions, most forms say 'have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence, other than a motoring offence'. 

On the other hand, the UAE may view it as reckless and feel you may pose a risk there. It is hard to say, especially with a foreign nation like UAE, but in general the view taken in the UK mainly sees a motoring conviction as somewhat of a 'clerical conviction', unless of course you are applying for motor insurance, when it would be very relevant.

If you have already got the police certificate, just use this. Criminal offences are not linked to your passport and unless you have ever been arrested by Interpol, they will not readily or easily be able to find any conviction information for you.

Search 'police certificate for visa application' online you should find more information there.
arunH
arunH
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)

checks at the airport ?

GO