theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Automatic DBS Barring criteria

Automatic DBS Barring criteria

Author
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
There was something called Disqualification by Association introduced in the last few years, this sounds like it's something similar to what you're talking about, thankfully it was scrapped after an uproar:
https://schoolsweek.co.uk/disqualification-by-association-rules-for-schools-scrapped/

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
GT
GT
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)Supreme Being (236 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was convicted of a sexual offence 15 years ago which resulted in a small fine.  Some time afterwards I was advised that due to the sentence I could not be barred automatically or otherwise.  As my wife became a teacher some years afterwards she disclosed my conviction to the local authority and education board and they confirmed no issues or concerns but I have recently noticed some stories about a change in the law and wondered if anyone knew whether this would affect any future job applications she made in the education sector?  I have no interest in working with children personally but I don't want my wife to have to go through a ton of new vetting and applications if my conviction is going to cause issues with the new legislation.  Tia for any helpful contributions

GO