theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

DWP Job offer

DWP Job offer

Author
Johnno42
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
[quote]
Simon1983 - 4 Nov 20 6:18 PM
Hi johnno 

a job as a work coach with DWP is a basic DBS and you only need to disclose unspent convictions 

hope it helps
Thanks for the information.

Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi johnno 

a job as a work coach with DWP is a basic DBS and you only need to disclose unspent convictions 

hope it helps
Johnno42
Johnno42
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)Supreme Being (647 reputation)

JASB - 3 Nov 20 4:46 PM
Johnno42 - 3 Nov 20 1:02 PM
Miguel - 3 Nov 20 12:13 PM

Just make a SAR at Acro:
https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx

You can get one by email in a couple of days.

thanks for the tip. I've just put in my request. 

I'm still wondering if the DWP have the right to make me give them information on spent convictions?

Hi,
first good luck with the application

Secondly, does "not" having the right really stop employers, governments, society etc from asking what they do? 
You will notice that most Government areas for example, do something and if it is illegal and they are caught out, they just say
We have amended and improved our procedures and retrained our staff
I am sure we would of loved that sort of punishment.

You're spot on.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Johnno42 - 3 Nov 20 1:02 PM

Just make a SAR at Acro:

I'm still wondering if the DWP have the right to make me give them information on spent convictions?

Hi,
first good luck with the application

Secondly, does "not" having the right really stop employers, governments, society etc from asking what they do? 
You will notice that most Government areas for example, do something and if it is illegal and they are caught out, they just say
We have amended and improved our procedures and retrained our staff
I am sure we would of loved that sort of punishment.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Johnno42
Johnno42
Supreme Being

Just make a SAR at Acro:

Miguel
Miguel
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)

Just make a SAR at Acro:

Johnno42
Johnno42
Supreme Being

Hi,

I have recently completed a Pre-Appointment Form for a position as a Work Coach with the DWP. 

There were questions that I was very concerned with answering under the Conduct section. I do have convictions but they are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and are not on the Barred list. 
Is the DWP exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act? I have looked online and I can't find any information that they are which, if this is true, means they should be only be asking for details of offences that are not spent. It did not state this on the Pre-Appointment Form. 

Could someone let me know if they are exempt and under which legislation? 

Thanks

John
GO