theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

PPU Visits Dropping Off

PPU Visits Dropping Off

Author
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi folks, it's dawned on me today that I haven't had a visit from my PPU in over 3 months. Normally it'd be every 4 weeks like clockwork (I make a note). I haven't seen him since the middle of May. Perhaps worth noting I am coming up to my final year on the register and by all metrics I'm doing really well in my rehab group programme and I've never had any issues with my PPU or anything at all and for lack of a better expression I've been a model citizen. I'm just curious for the more experienced users on here, is this normal for the visits to totally die off like that?

AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Home visits should become less frequent as they get to know you, especially if you are still under Probation (or a social worker, where you are). They may be a bit short of resources, and they soon work out who they have to worry about.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

By my understanding from past research, Those who the PPU deem to be a high risk get visits every 3 months, medium 6 months, low 12 months. After getting a different PPU ( who actually seems alright to me ) I noticed my visits were going beyond the usual 3 months. Had my PPU visit yesterday so I could sell some stuff and he confirmed I was considered a medium risk. Whats even more interesting is I read somewhere about MAPPA and the levels of risks, and one thing I saw was those with images offences (non contact) should be considered a low risk in terms of public safety. But that is a topic for another time.

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)

Frequency of visits is normally determined by your risk level.  Although police resources will have an effect too.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi
I have had problems posting so hence my being quite.
If the visits are becoming less frequent just take it positively and do not try to analyse it. Those with many years of visit experience will remember there are many words offered as complimentary upon querying it with the PPU no matter the truth.

I work on the premise that if you are really trusted, then they would book a time in advance not just turn up. 

I've been classed as low risk prior to sentencing, went to medium when incarcerated but was soon reduced down. To me it has nothing to do with MAAPA, etc it is all to do with your area and their polices towards EX SO.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Edited
3 Years Ago by JASB
GO