Are you aged between 16 and 24?
Are you claiming Universal Credit?
Do you have a criminal record?
If so, you may be interested in joining our team as a helpline advisor. You'll be based in our Maidstone Office, working 25 hours per week (we are flexible in terms of days and hours). Main responsibilities and tasks
Skills and experience
- Act as first point of contact for new and existing clients from various channels including telephone, email, WhatsApp, live chat and prioritising urgent cases when necessary.
- Providing information and advice on a range of issues such as criminal record checks for employment, disclosure of criminal records, applying to college/university, travelling abroad with a criminal record.
- Signposting clients to alternative sources of support when Unlock are unable to assist.
- Provide emotional support as well as practical support to clients who present with complex issues.
- Share experiences with other helpline advisors and participate in team meetings, voicing any concerns regarding the impact of a call upon you personally.
- Ensure clients are treated with dignity and respect taking account of the need for equality and diversity in the way in which clients are assisted.
- Keep accurate and timely records ensuring high quality data is input on our CRM system for the purpose of continuity of work, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
- Keep up to date with policies and procedures relevant to the role and undertake any relevant training.
- Be a person with a criminal record.
- Good IT skills - including Microsoft Office and a knowledge/understanding of databases.
- Confident in communicating by email, telephone, WhatsApp etc.
- Experience of carrying out administrative tasks.
- Empathetic with excellent listening skills and the ability to be non-judgemental.
- Ability to cope with a busy and demanding workload.
- Flexible attitude towards work, with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work with colleagues as part of a small team.
If you are interested in applying please speak with your Jobcentre Work Coach.
Interviews will be held in Maidstone on Wednesday 23rd February
Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site
or contact our helpline