theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Successful removal from Google

Successful removal from Google

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
khafka - 9 Mar 22 12:20 PM
I thought I'd just post an update I got today from ICO which might be of use to others thinking of using them.

As mentioned earlier in the thread I sent off an updated case to ICO to get stuff removed from Google. Aside from an automated response confirming receipt of my complaint it has been radio silence for a month.

So today I just went onto the online chat and have been advised there is around a 4 month waiting list for stuff to be picked up. At present they're working on things from the 7th of December last year and they work in date order so I should expect to be contacted around the end of May.

Seems their cases are stacking up quite heavily - When I initially tried this back in 2020 I got a response in about a week.

I suspect that as time goes by, more people realise they can complain to the ICO. Victims of their own publicity? There may well be cases where the complainant is just trying it on, but at least this shows they appear to be looking into complaints properly. That has to be reassuring....

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO