theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Internet history on iphones

Internet history on iphones

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
As with most employees of the Justice system, they are knowledgeable to some extent on their main subject but especially with the like of technology, it moves so fast even if they had training of some sort, the scope of offenders and their expertise, they cannot be expected to know everything about everything.

That is why; in my opinion,  they take the challenge approach first, and investigate the reality second.

That approach will always put the individual under surveillance on the backfoot!

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Dean91
Dean91
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)Supreme Being (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Although this is something I noticed. It was raised by my PPU officer to me one day during a home visit. I agreed to find a work around even including upping my iCloud Storage. But this has not worked. 

However, I told them the truth. There is nothing in my SHPO that specifies which type of phone I am to use. Because they know its an Apple issue, they don't really bother me about it now. 
david123
david123
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)

I had Chrome as my browser on my desktop but it only keeps history for 90 days (three months) my PPU did not know this and accused me of deleting history. I told her to Google how long Chrome keeps history for. There was nothing in my SHPO saying which browser I had to use so there was nothing they could do about it not that I was hiding anything anyway.
Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Mo22 - 13 Aug 22 9:55 PM
Thanks but since I changed to google and set it as default browser I’ve had no issues. It seems to be safari. It’s like the more you browse the earlier history disappears slowly by date. If I get any future problems with Google then yes I look maybe to get a android.

You need to bear in mind that because of the way that Apple authorises apps, all appstore programs must use the Safari browser and/or web kit. You will still be using Safari whether it's obvious or not.

I used Microsoft Edge (which is Chrome based) on my iPhone for my normal browsing. That (and Google Chrome) can keep all your history even if it is deleted from the phone.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

I’ve always used iPhone. I believe Safari only record 1 months worth of history. Never been an issue for me, I use Chrome and Google and it’s synched to my laptop and it retains the history so it’s all there is one place.

I don’t agree with getting rid of the iPhone or not using it I’m afraid as that’s not fair, as long as your history is there in the browser you use I can’t see the problem.
Mo22
Mo22
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

Thanks but since I changed to google and set it as default browser I’ve had no issues. It seems to be safari. It’s like the more you browse the earlier history disappears slowly by date. If I get any future problems with Google then yes I look maybe to get a android.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Mo22 - 13 Aug 22 8:39 PM
Hi all. Just a bit of warning and has anyone else experienced this. Basically the internet history is disappearing by itself on the iPhone. I raised the concern with Apple and they really couldn’t come up with much apart from the new iPhones this can happen. Since I noticed this happen I screenshot what history I had left on safari. And since changed to Google browser as it more safer because if I left it each time I get a visit there be hardly any history or none if I left to safari and could get me in big trouble. At least data history not getting removed so there’s still proof there wasn’t anything deleted my me.

The simplest answer would be, do not use IPhone. Get an Android phone as I would say it is more compatible with various browsers like Chrome, Firefox and can retain your history with little issue.

Mo22
Mo22
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

Hi all. Just a bit of warning and has anyone else experienced this. Basically the internet history is disappearing by itself on the iPhone. I raised the concern with Apple and they really couldn’t come up with much apart from the new iPhones this can happen. Since I noticed this happen I screenshot what history I had left on safari. And since changed to Google browser as it more safer because if I left it each time I get a visit there be hardly any history or none if I left to safari and could get me in big trouble. At least data history not getting removed so there’s still proof there wasn’t anything deleted my me.
GO