theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

They found out

They found out

Author
switchr
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If you've read my other post in this sub-forum, I had The Knock nearly two years ago - but am still waiting to be interviewed and charged.

Despite not being arrested, five of my real-life friends found out about The Knock and the reasons - and complete cut off contact with me. Fair enough, that is their prerogative and to be honest I don't blame them at all.

It was awful loosing all my friends (only one person stuck by me) and I became fully introverted and agoraphobic, but I've slowly worked through it over the last two years and am slowly being more comfortable going outside again.

Back in January I joined the online community for my town, and started to forge relationships with other likeminded people there. I kept myself mostly anonymous, though none of my ex-friends were members so I began to let my guard down and I felt I was starting a few strong friendships. I was working my way up to attending the weekly meetups.

Last night I got a message from the group administrator:
A trusted source recognised you and raised serious safeguarding concerns which couldn’t be ignore. We have removed you from the [community] and you are no longer welcome

Hit me like a tonne of bricks. I'd become so comfortable that someone in the community recognised me, and word must have gotten to one of my ex-friends.

So, I mean, that's it I suppose. I don't think there's any chance of having a social life in my town now.

I just wanted to get this cruddy experience off my chest.

GO