theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Morocco when on the register

Morocco when on the register

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I have seen on the nacro site that a brit does not need a visa to enter Morocco but does anyone have real life expereince of going there when on the SOR?
I appriecaite discussion have to be held with my PPU but researching issues first

Do British Citizens need a visa for Morocco?

British nationals don’t need a visa to enter Morocco for the purpose of tourism for up to 3 months.

Do I need to declare my conviction on entry to Morocco?

The landing card in Morocco does not ask for a disclosure of criminal records.  The information required are; full names, date and place of birth, nationality, country of residence, occupation, passport details, address in morocco and reasons for visit."

Cheers in advance

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
JASB - 24 Jan 23 1:22 PM
I have seen on the nacro site that a brit does not need a visa to enter Morocco but does anyone have real life expereince of going there when on the SOR?
I appriecaite discussion have to be held with my PPU but researching issues first

British nationals don’t need a visa to enter Morocco for the purpose of tourism for up to 3 months.

The landing card in Morocco does not ask for a disclosure of criminal records.  The information required are; full names, date and place of birth, nationality, country of residence, occupation, passport details, address in morocco and reasons for visit."

Cheers in advance

A while ago, my PPU mentioned there was a problem with SO getting into North Africa, but they have also said there is a problem with Spain too, which seems unlikely.

My main concern is that it could be on the list of high risk countries and that would be an automatic green notice. The only way to be sure, would be to get your PPU to contact their forces International Liaison team. They should know which countries are on that list. 
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

punter99 - 25 Jan 23 3:23 PM

Cheers in advance

A while ago, my PPU mentioned there was a problem with SO getting into North Africa, but they have also said there is a problem with Spain too, which seems unlikely.

My main concern is that it could be on the list of high risk countries and that would be an automatic green notice. The only way to be sure, would be to get your PPU to contact their forces International Liaison team. They should know which countries are on that list. 

That's if everyone in the chain of command is prepared to confirm or deny whether any particular country is on the list, or even if that list exists. It has been alleged that some forces had a blanket policy of green notices for any country outside the EU, so that might be a factor as well. Once again, I doubt whether anyone in the chain of command would confirm that.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

AB2014 - 26 Jan 23 10:46 AM

Cheers in advance

That's if everyone in the chain of command is prepared to confirm or deny whether any particular country is on the list, or even if that list exists. It has been alleged that some forces had a blanket policy of green notices for any country outside the EU, so that might be a factor as well. Once again, I doubt whether anyone in the chain of command would confirm that.

College of policing guidance already acknowledges that some countries are considered high risk, suggesting an unofficial list exists and there are/were plans to formalise it too.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/police-crime-sentencing-and-courts-bill-2021-factsheets/police-crime-sentencing-and-courts-bill-2021-sex-offender-management-factsheet

AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

punter99 - 26 Jan 23 11:15 AM

Cheers in advance

College of policing guidance already acknowledges that some countries are considered high risk, suggesting an unofficial list exists and there are/were plans to formalise it too.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/police-crime-sentencing-and-courts-bill-2021-factsheets/police-crime-sentencing-and-courts-bill-2021-sex-offender-management-factsheet

I don't doubt that for a moment, but getting anyone in the police to confirm that is another matter. You could show them that factsheet and they would probably still refuse to confirm it.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being

AB2014 - 26 Jan 23 11:32 AM

Cheers in advance

I don't doubt that for a moment, but getting anyone in the police to confirm that is another matter. You could show them that factsheet and they would probably still refuse to confirm it.

A simple FOI request would force them to confirm it and since parliament has now requested it, there will be MPs on the Home office select committee who will demand to see it. 
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being

punter99 - 26 Jan 23 11:52 AM
AB2014 - 26 Jan 23 11:32 AM

Cheers in advance

A simple FOI request would force them to confirm it and since parliament has now requested it, there will be MPs on the Home office select committee who will demand to see it. 

Again, what you say is true, and going via the Data Protection Officer should get to the truth. Hopefully, they wouldn't try to hide the truth, because police officers and staff don't do that, do they?

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)Supreme Being (99K reputation)

Cheers in advance

Hi Thanks and I have emailed my PPU to ask about Morocco and Egpyt. No reply as yet.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Cheers in advance

Hi
This link focuses on "offences occuring overseas" but the offender is managed by british authorities.
Besides the countries always spoken of SE Asis for example, I am looking for the list at all countries 1st and 2nd world status that would stop a UK offender going to them.
Interesting though

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Cheers in advance

Hi
I have just received feedback from my PPU who basically look at the Gov website as they would not wish to provide incorrect info. I can and appriciate that logic but have asked if "they" notify anyone and so a "flag" is placed on a "low risk" ex-offender

GO