theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Contact numbers

Contact numbers

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Lineofduty - 28 Sep 23 4:39 PM
JASB - 3 Sep 23 1:38 PM

Hi
You will also see that a "vehicle reg No." is optional, and it says you are to made aware that it can / will be monitored.

Again in the overal picture is the possible issues of not supplying it worth it?

Mobile phone number, email addresses and car registration are ALL optional because otherwise it would infringe the Human Rights provisions
and in most cases are irrelevant to the offence/s.
They'll try to fill in all the blanks on their form and ask you, and then give you a copy which will show "Not obligatory" or Optional (too late).
Know your rights folks and don't give them anything they don't need for their mass intelligence gathering.

Hi sorry slow reply. On the positive side it shows your willingness to work with them. There are battles and they are wars; I prefer to win the war. Smile

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Edited
8 Months Ago by JASB
Lineofduty
Lineofduty
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)

Hi
You will also see that a "vehicle reg No." is optional, and it says you are to made aware that it can / will be monitored.

Again in the overal picture is the possible issues of not supplying it worth it?

Mobile phone number, email addresses and car registration are ALL optional because otherwise it would infringe the Human Rights provisions
and in most cases are irrelevant to the offence/s.
They'll try to fill in all the blanks on their form and ask you, and then give you a copy which will show "Not obligatory" or Optional (too late).
Know your rights folks and don't give them anything they don't need for their mass intelligence gathering.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)Supreme Being (163K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mo22 - 1 Sep 23 11:01 AM
On the form at police station when updating any details of bank cards etc it says phone number not required. Why I have seen on the forum people mentioning you must supply any contact numbers to ppu? Is it the shpo conditions for contact offences to notify of contact numbers they referring to?

Hi

I was always clear about my phone number. It makes it easier for them to contact me if they need to speak to me and to recognise text messages as being from me. They can't check your phone account without a warrant anyway, so they'd probably appreciate your honesty, even if they won't tell you that.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)Supreme Being (98K reputation)

On the form at police station when updating any details of bank cards etc it says phone number not required. Why I have seen on the forum people mentioning you must supply any contact numbers to ppu? Is it the shpo conditions for contact offences to notify of contact numbers they referring to?

Hi

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)Supreme Being (56K reputation)

The SHPO usually makes reference to you providing them with the details of the phone, such as the IMEI, but not the number. I think thats because the IMEI can't be changed, while your number can.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

The best thing to do when it comes down to personal information is to provide it anyway if there has been a change, which must be done with in 3 days of that change happening. SHPO's do not usually include things enforcing you to provide personal details because then that would conflict with what the register is for. I do find it strange they would say phone numbers or not required though.

Mo22
Mo22
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

GO