theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Travel To Europe

Travel To Europe

Author
Hornet
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)Supreme Being (154 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Guys/Gals,
 I am new here so will introduce myself as I cannot post in the correct area, I was convicted in 2022 in a sting operation which people have said really was entrapment but cant do much and sentenced to 2 years, 1 year in prision which I served until August this year and 1 year on licence, have been put on the sex offenders register indefinately which I think is very harsh, realise I can contest it after 10 years but think I'll get legal advise prior to that, spoke to Visor team to understand my restriction and these are the replies:

"Thank you for your email. The USA, Australia, New Zealand have strict guidelines in place which you are aware of.

Generally Europe is fine. It would be advisable to avoid countries in the Middle East and countries which have poor human rights.

We do on certain occasions also notify countries of subjects intended international travel arrangements to share intelligence."

My suggestion would be to do your research on the countries entry requirements once you have narrowed down your destination choice.

Alternatively, like I said Europe is generally not an issue if you wanted to have that peace of mind.

from that it's so vague and you look at the countries entry requirements your interested in and you are no further forward I am surprised that they dont have a list for you so you know where you are, last thing I want to do it book somewhere get refused and returned back to UK paying for a holiday, any advise or help in the countries you can travel etc would be helpful.

Edited
6 Months Ago by Hornet
GO