theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Current two conviction DBS disclosure system - Please support my petition

Current two conviction DBS disclosure system - Please support my...

Author
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
What you have written about its already just been ruled as unfair in high court in January 2016
And now everyone is awaiting what changes will occur for people with more than one offence
Dalesguy15
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)

Look on latest news on unlock and you will see the story about it high court rules dbs system unfair January 2016
In order to create a fairer system it needs to filter out any minor offences if the person has more than one or two or three minor offences at least up to five minor offences
Or multiple order one conviction in my view
But also there needs to be a fairer system all together like for example if someone has a offence that is on the never be filtered growing list
Say like someone has serious offence of GBH and two other minor offences that could qualify for filtering
Why not just reveal GBH on DBS check only
And not one or two minor offences that way it would give that person who already has GBH stigma on dbs check to face for life
It would make there situation tiny bit better as at least other offences would not show
Dalesguy15
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being

What was sentence your friend got for those car related offences?
Dalesguy15
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being

Firstly where can I find the link for the petition or Web page for it?
You mentioned its been discussed?
No high court have ruled that they don't now accept the present filtering system as being fair and must now be changed this is good news for yourself or your friend
The bad news is following yes unattractive teresa can't understand for the life of me why people keep electing her as a mp okay I forget she is tory representative in millionaire constituency
But seriously this woman is a disgrace and i believe she will appeal the present decision from high court like she did with the original filtering system in 2013
The other bad news is that majority of the sleeping sheep brits are planning to vote for us all to leave EU this summer time
Guess what that will mean?
Yes correct goodbye are only human rights act Article 8 which is the only thing we had to get any filtering process in the first place
Without Article 8 there is no filtering process so yes you can see what is coming soon
Unattractive teresa will delay having to do anything by appealing and then by time appeal is heard we will be out of EU
And she will employ the very best QC Barristers 1000 a hour types to say filtering system is now void as Article 8 does not apply
And the entire filtering process will either be suspended and stopped or
Will only remain as 2013 one conviction only for good
Then lovely Teresa unattractive may will bring us a watered down British bill of rights which will mean we have no rights
And on top of all this lovely depressing news many thousands of more jobs will go as most jobs keeping Britain going are European companies
As in previous tory governments 1979 onwards are lovely not here anymore Thatcher destroyed all British industry
But British sheep have been brainwashed by ukip and argument that we are been taken over by immigrants forgetting the bigger picture like no jobs and no human rights left
Scotland will then demand another vote to be s independent country and will also leave
So what will be left just England and Wales and parts of Ireland
Wales and Ireland are almost separate countries anyway
So England will be a even smaller island cut of from everything and everyone
And will have no democracy just tory party very strong in power now or mild tory labour
No jobs other than dead end low paid service jobs
And no human rights
Medieval laws to continue discrimination against anyone with any minor conviction from ten or 20 or 30 years ago for ever
I think this country is going down fast and im thinking seriously of ways to leave even to Scotland which is better than here

Post Edited (Dalesguy15) : 18/02/2016 06:11:44 (GMT+1)

Dalesguy15
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being

On the one hand Toffs like Cameron and that ghastly Ian malicious Smith say we are going to make people work in uk and no handouts and dossers
Work shy are not going to be permitted
What is the biggest crime is that no news channels then expose all there lies
For example it was the tories who axed all are industries with usual argument there not profitable anymore
That's car industry places like Preston
Fishing industry places like Hull area now nothing there Preston dogs dinner
Steel and mining all destroyed
Many of these areas ruined and shops all gone
Deprivation everywhere outside of major cities
Many turned to crime or drugs etc
Then one good thing tories brought in rehabilitation of offenders act but has gradually meant nothing with the invention of CRB checks
It was wicked Michael Howard Tory Barrister that created the CRB
They want people like you said regarding your friend to show offences like fraud and theft on every job he or she applies for knowing full well this is like saying to someone on streets live like that with no money or food or anything for ever
To create a system where there telling public its all your own fault and we are all individual and there is no one to blame for anything
But they can tell ex offenders you will be blamed for ever
On the one hand they will say like ive mentioned we don't want people sitting on dole for life taking benefits
And yet they create two evil systems to make it so people can't win in many cases
One being let's tattoo criminal on your face which is what a CRB check basically does to your chances of getting a job
And then they the same criminals who have criminalised you for life have also destroyed all the industries and took away all the jobs
But don't worry they will keep tricking a small minority into believing there okay while we have no independent proper television news democratic channel exposing what's going on
Until we have more decent people like Jeremy Corbyn and his shadow chancellor two very decent and exceptional people
The future of uk looks bleaker by the day
Imagine telling many other countries which don't keep criminal records for life what goes on here
They would be shocked like for example New Zealand which at least gets rid of wipes slate clean after period of time
Here we are left fighting for crumbs on table
After all we are not talking about what should be happening which is wiping slate clean
All we are talking about is a fair filtering system
And of course with ten million people affected you can see the great campaign to change things?
Basically the reason all these things have happened over last 30 years to uk is because the people in the country won't come together and support or change anything they just accept everything that has been happening
As they can't be bothered you hear people often say im not interested in politics which is current affairs
That is meaning that all public are not interested in everything going on around them till it affects them
Well that's my rant over with where is my flight ticket out of uk
Dalesguy15
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being

No never voted for tories
You say vote for you?
Where which website are you on and are you running for parliament or a petition?
Please leave me contact details and links
Dalesguy15
Dalesguy15
Supreme Being

I was totally gobsmacked and stunned when after 4 years of nightmare coalition with tories and libdems
We ended up with tories getting back in last may 2015 and even more unbelievable they got back in with a majority government
No wonder the country is in a mess
IJM888
IJM888
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

I take it you won't be voting for the conservative party then Dalesguy15!
Vote for us then please and support my petition....appreciate any help we can get. jumpin
IJM888
IJM888
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

Thanks for the advice Dalesguy15. I agree that this issue has been discussed but we are of the opinion that if people let the gov know how unfair this is from other angles, they might actually sit up and take notice. As for the sentence, he can't remember it was so long ago. He knows that it was only a small fine i.e. not custodial sentences or community service etc. This is what makes the current system so unfair for people like him. He has done 30 plus years service as a civil servant and now because of stupid ill thought-out rule, he can't find another employer that's willing to accept him. It wouldn't be so bad if it described the offence on the declaration certificate. Let's face it, if you were an employer, would you employ a person with theft and fraud on their CV?
I have written to `Cruella May' because she wants to object about the High court judgement but she is not likely to lower herself and reply is she!
Hope this explains his dilemma and hope that if anyone else out there is reading this, please support the petition...Thank you.
IJM888
IJM888
Supreme Being

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?
Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/121265/sponsors/FhHjmz53pGvzhJEbLXl
My petition:
Make the DBS filtering system fairer for people with more than 2 convictions.
People that commit more than one petty offence have to declare this to some employers on application even though their offences may be petty or recorded decades ago. With prisoners being released early and people getting a slapped wrist for serious offences today, historical offenders stand to lose
Since being made redundant, my friend has been unable to get another job because 35 years ago, he took a hub cap off a dumped car and on another occasion altered a road tax disk. Employers are unlikely to offer him a job because of it. In fact, a criminal with one serious offence that has lapsed can have his/her record filtered after a period of time. I think petty recorded crimes recorded over decades ago should be filtered also. The current system is ridiculous and discriminatory.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/121265/sponsors/FhHjmz53pGvzhJEbLXl
GO